Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 42,307 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

iPhone to Moto X - iMessage?

Tip us?

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,525
You're not supposed to leave iPhone. Can't you take the hint?

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Bet apple goons show up at your door after you've switched....to "persuade " you to return to them. I think they just implemented that procedure.

Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

Solutions Etcetera
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by somerandomname1 View Post
You can also take 10 seconds to google and see that those instructions are mostly bull**** for a major proportion of people who make the switch. Especially after ios7 which made the "fall back to SMS if iMessage fails to deliver" off by default. People are trying to send via iMessage and when it fails, it doesn't fall back to SMS like it should. People are even continuing to have problems after their iPhone friends/family turn that setting on anyway. It's a really ****ed up system.
Possibly, but I did not have a problem with it. I simply signed out of all iCloud based accounts before moving to android... with the exception of iCal.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,525
My wife stole my Moto x recently, and finally gave up her just brutal iPhone 4s..(iPhone updated the iPhone 4s into uselessness (slow slow slow)....to sell more 5's I figure)...and yeah, she signed out of imessage first, like I told her..then switched to the Moto x.....and had no issues by the next day.

Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

I Am Marino
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 581

DONATE TO ME
I'm glad you guys are getting this working.
I've done every step in this thread and then some and I can't SEND texts to an iPhone, I can receive them with a delay.

Hopefully time will resolve this.
-iPhone 5S-
ROM-
Kernel-

Android 5.0 LSD, it's so good, it's like you're on a trip.
Make it happen Google.

Follow Me
http://twitter.com/DearDanno