No registration required

Issue with connecting to Wifi

OP natezire71

19th March 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 323

1,376 posts
More
This isn't a major issue, but I don't seem to be able to connect to a college's WPA2-PSK network. I can establish a connection, but I'm never able to access the Internet. I've gone through the login page, and yet it refuses to work properly. I didn't have any trouble connecting on my Nexus 7 and laptop, yet my MotoX has trouble.

I just recently upgraded to 4.4.2, using the Safestrap method. I'm obviously rooted. I can't think of any apps installed on my phone that aren't installed on my tablet that could be causing this issue. I don't know if its a 4.4.2 issue, because my GF has a MotoX (AT&T) and she's on 4.4, and has been connecting fine for months. I upgraded to 4.4.2 just two days ago... And this is the first time I've tried connecting to this type of network.

Any ideas? I appreciate any and all help.
20th March 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #2  
Phazon Mines
Thanks Meter: 79

467 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by natezire71

This isn't a major issue, but I don't seem to be able to connect to a college's WPA2-PSK network. I can establish a connection, but I'm never able to access the Internet. I've gone through the login page, and yet it refuses to work properly. I didn't have any trouble connecting on my Nexus 7 and laptop, yet my MotoX has trouble.

I just recently upgraded to 4.4.2, using the Safestrap method. I'm obviously rooted. I can't think of any apps installed on my phone that aren't installed on my tablet that could be causing this issue. I don't know if its a 4.4.2 issue, because my GF has a MotoX (AT&T) and she's on 4.4, and has been connecting fine for months. I upgraded to 4.4.2 just two days ago... And this is the first time I've tried connecting to this type of network.

Any ideas? I appreciate any and all help.

Just some general troubleshooting thoughts:

1. Try logging in using different browsers. may help.
2. How exactly did you upgrade? Did you clean flash? Did you leave the data intact to keep you apps and app data?
3. Did you restore with Titanium Backup?

Lastly, what kind of WiFi network is it?, what do you mean "this type of network..."? does internet work at all? and if you're signing in with her account they could be limiting the amount of devices signed in.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread