[Q] kit kat killed Activesync?

Tip us?

stevevetter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] kit kat killed Activesync?

Sorry if this is a repeat.

I just got a Moto X on Verizon and the update to Kit Kat before I did anything. Now I can't get it to sync with my corporate email with the native email app or Touchdown. This all works fine on my GNEX with 4.2.2

Is this a known thing? Is there a work around or am I stuck waiting for Verizon to fix this?

brorex
Old
Thanks Meter 181
The same happened for me. The 4.4.1 update fixed it for me just look in the nexus 5 forum and you should be able to find an exchange app that is updated(you'll prob need to be rooted)I used http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2531268 this and it works fine now for me. I went through auto setup and it hung up. but manual setup worked fine. Only had to change the server URL to make work. Hopefully this helps.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

By the way it is a known 4.4 issue with some exchange servers

AT&T Samsung i747 Frosty's JB
Verizon Galaxy Nexus Mmuzzy's JB 4.2
Samsung Nexus S
HP Touchpad Classic Nerd
Moto Xoom

If someone has helped in anyway hit thier thanks button

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brorex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stevevetter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for the confirmation. I know I can search for this, but I'm traveling all this week with little time.

I'm new to the Moto X. I don't have the developer version. Could you point me to a thread/site for unlocking the bootloader and rooting the VZW Moto X?

Thanks.

stevevetter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for the confirmation. I know I can search for this, but I'm traveling all this week with little time.

I'm new to the Moto X. I don't have the developer version. Could you point me to a thread/site for unlocking the bootloader and rooting the VZW Moto X?

Oh, and I'd prefer to stick with Touchdown if possible. Is there any way to get 4.4.1 or 4.4.2 without just waiting for VZW to push an update out?

Thanks.

Tel9000
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Same problem here. Could someone post the fixed, installable, email and exchange files from 4.4.2? I'm not rooted. Thanks.

brorex
Old
(Last edited by brorex; 12th December 2013 at 04:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 181
You guys are going to have to do a little leg work here. I posted a link. You can try to install it like a normal app not sure if it will work or not. Only other way is going to be to root. This is xda after all come here to root and hack your device

AT&T Samsung i747 Frosty's JB
Verizon Galaxy Nexus Mmuzzy's JB 4.2
Samsung Nexus S
HP Touchpad Classic Nerd
Moto Xoom

If someone has helped in anyway hit thier thanks button

stevevetter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
fair comment borex. I'm back from my trip and will spend some time finding the root methodolgy for my device. I didn't come expecting to be hand-held, but sometimes the root for a device is common and well known (like my previous GNEX). I've been around the block a few times. I had the original Siemens MDA

Thanks for the help.
The Following User Says Thank You to stevevetter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stevevetter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
fair comment borex. I'm back from my trip and will spend some time finding the root methodolgy for my device. I didn't come expecting to be hand-held, but sometimes the root for a device is common and well known (like my previous GNEX). I've been around the block a few times. I had the original Siemens MDA

Thanks for the help.

e3zkiel
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you brorex!! That worked perfectly for me... This is much better than waiting for Motorola to push out new OS update with the fixes implemented!