Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,111 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lost root on moto x

Tip us?

xpsychox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
When I get home I'll have to try and re root...

Slapped my Moto

doitinthedirt
Old
(Last edited by doitinthedirt; 30th June 2014 at 03:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
I just noticed something strange as I was checking my root and updates status, system updates is now at the bottom of the menu .. used to be top. I rooted with slap and than renamed the 3c_ota.apk and .odex files and I force a system update check and it fails.. so im still good on root but dont know how the menu has changed on my phone. I dont freeze anything dont have titanium thing installed..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-30-10-28-40.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	2825602   Click image for larger version

Name:	gh.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	2825614  

xpsychox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
This is weird...lol

Slapped my Moto

xpsychox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
so i've decided to go ahead and try to re root my moto x. I'm following the instructions i did last time, the slapmymoto (don't need to do motowpnomo cuz i did check the WP, i have 0), pushed rockmymoto but i can't get cydia impactor to connect, keeps saying "signature bugs unavailable" and if i click "usb" drop down and say "scan for device" it say "no device" ideas?

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 405

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpsychox View Post
so i've decided to go ahead and try to re root my moto x. I'm following the instructions i did last time, the slapmymoto (don't need to do motowpnomo cuz i did check the WP, i have 0), pushed rockmymoto but i can't get cydia impactor to connect, keeps saying "signature bugs unavailable" and if i click "usb" drop down and say "scan for device" it say "no device" ideas?
Straight from jcase's slapmymoto thread: "This is a "root path" for the 4.4 update, and in this case you will retain your stock recovery so features like remote wipe will continue to work. It requires you downgrading to 4.2.2 or already be on 4.2.2 before updating to 4.4."

Your screenshot shows that you are running 4.4. Additionally, you start off saying you followed instructions for slapmymoto, then you reference rockmymoto... Which one are you using? Or are you using both?

Additionally, you need to be VERY careful if you downgrade. Follow jcase's instructions exactly. There is a big risk of bricking if you make even one innocent mistake.

Please advise...
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Quote of the year:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt View Post
Well Google now doesn't work worth an iPhone. .I've spoken those last two lines ADB shell commands out loud for the past 15 minutes and I don't get root

xpsychox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
Straight from jcase's slapmymoto thread: "This is a "root path" for the 4.4 update, and in this case you will retain your stock recovery so features like remote wipe will continue to work. It requires you downgrading to 4.2.2 or already be on 4.2.2 before updating to 4.4."

Your screenshot shows that you are running 4.4. Additionally, you start off saying you followed instructions for slapmymoto, then you reference rockmymoto... Which one are you using? Or are you using both?

Additionally, you need to be VERY careful if you downgrade. Follow jcase's instructions exactly. There is a big risk of bricking if you make even one innocent mistake.

Please advise...
I was pushing both BC it says to..as I said in first post I did jcases root and had then somehow lost it... So idk how/why just did.. I was hoping I didn't have to downgrade but I had a feeling... But even so it wouldn't explain why I can't use the err.. That program that starts with a c.. Only thing I can remember from last time I think I had to play with my phone setting and put it from USB to photo mode or something like that... Other thing I have thought about is now I am using a cradle point mbr95 modem/router combo. Idk if it blocks it? I know HW to downgrade to 4.2.2 u have to edit one of the lines in the script for the fxz. Done it before... Just don't understand why that program wouldn't work?

Slapped my Moto

1ad_m12
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Have you tried going into SuperSU > settings tab > unchecking and checking "enable superuser"? I know this sounds like a stupid question but sometimes stating the obvious can help narrow things down. I had this problem on my old Skyrocket before where I would suddenly lose root but be able to gain it back again simply by refreshing this setting in SuperSU.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1ad_m12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xpsychox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ad_m12 View Post
Have you tried going into SuperSU > settings tab > unchecking and checking "enable superuser"? I know this sounds like a stupid question but sometimes stating the obvious can help narrow things down. I had this problem on my old Skyrocket before where I would suddenly lose root but be able to gain it back again simply by refreshing this setting in SuperSU.
Wtf.... Wow disabled and renamed and it worked.... Never heard if it.. Thanks!!

Slapped my Moto

1ad_m12
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpsychox View Post
Wtf.... Wow disabled and renamed and it worked.... Never heard if it.. Thanks!!

Slapped my Moto
glad to help!

xpsychox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ad_m12 View Post
glad to help!
I still can't believe that worked... Lol

Slapped my Moto