Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,519 Members 38,145 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone lost root?

Tip us?

Twistitup
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Anyone lost root?

I tried using a root app today and my Moto X says it isn't rooted anymore. I have no clue what happened. I was rooted yesterday.
Current Device:
Rooted HTC M8 on Verizon

Previous Device:
Moto X

L7iharsha
Old
Thanks Meter 165

DONATE TO ME
Are u in jellybean or KitKat?

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app
Motorola Atrix 4G>>MIUI>>Motorola Razr XT912>>Jellybeaned >>Motorola Defy CM10.1 >>Motorola Atrix HD>>CM10.1 >>Motorola Razr I>>Jellybean 4.1.2>>Razr HD XT925 Updated to Jellybean Unlocked Bootloader Motorola Moto X

dray_jr
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistitup View Post
I tried using a root app today and my Moto X says it isn't rooted anymore. I have no clue what happened. I was rooted yesterday.
I agree with previous Poster

If you was on Kit-Kat/Jellybean are you check settings/about phone/Android Version

iF you was on 4.4 are you now on 4.4.2 because apparently there is some new OTA rolling out to some phones
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |

dacek
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Does it come back after you reboot the phone? If so it could be a write protection problem. I was having problems with my phone "losing root" like every few days and it turns out it was a write protection problem.

You may want to check out MotoWpNoMo @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2551113
The Following User Says Thank You to dacek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]