25th August 2014, 09:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello!

I've been facing some problems with my LTE connection using TIM in Brazil. My 4G LTE speeds are great (about 50/50mbps) and the connection is pretty stable with about 40ms ping. I even use it to play online games in my computer, as it's faster than my home network. But recently after getting random disconnects when playing, I started to take notes of the time the connection was lost, and I found out that it disconnects every 30 min (the 4g icon also disappears and appears back in something about 3s). It didn't use to happen 1 or 2 months ago.

Wanted to know if that's a carrier-sided problem or it's my moto x, and if it's the second option, I also would like to know if there's something to bypass this half an hour limit (I believe it's some connection timeout).

Hope you guys can help me out!
25th August 2014, 11:45 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,798

2,030 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Belaz

Hello!

I've been facing some problems with my LTE connection using TIM in Brazil. My 4G LTE speeds are great (about 50/50mbps) and the connection is pretty stable with about 40ms ping. I even use it to play online games in my computer, as it's faster than my home network. But recently after getting random disconnects when playing, I started to take notes of the time the connection was lost, and I found out that it disconnects every 30 min (the 4g icon also disappears and appears back in something about 3s). It didn't use to happen 1 or 2 months ago.

Wanted to know if that's a carrier-sided problem or it's my moto x, and if it's the second option, I also would like to know if there's something to bypass this half an hour limit (I believe it's some connection timeout).

Hope you guys can help me out!

My guess is carrier-side issue. Nothing you can do about it unless they do something on their end. They probably implemented a tcp or udp timeout of 1800 seconds (30 min).

Call and complain...
26th August 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 49

203 posts
More
The problem I am having a similar problem on Verizon. I have to tap the airplane mode to get 4g back. It drains my battery searching for signal.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
26th August 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradg24

The problem I am having a similar problem on Verizon. I have to tap the airplane mode to get 4g back. It drains my battery searching for signal.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Sometimes I face this too... Mostly when I get home and it gets stuck in EDGE or HSDPA (I get a poor signal here because the tower is 7 floors above my apartment) and I can't get LTE back... I need to select GSM only or WDCMA only, wait for it to connect to the data network itself and then switch back to LTE. That's weird.

My cellphone wasn't doing this kind of thing before (timeout). I remember playing an entire match of League of Legends w/o further problems. Gonna try calling my carrier this week and see what's going on.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread