Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Did I get lucky or is a bill coming my way?

OP gpgorbosjr

27th February 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 66

203 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgorbosjr

As of right now I have a free replacement. So if they decide to charge me, that'd be a change of tune.

Also, they clearly state on their warranty page that they support in AND out of warranty repairs and that out of warranty repair can be applied for online, which is exactly how I did it.

Link

Now there is no question they can wind up trying to charge me, but they are doing everything they can to imply that isn't what they want to do.

EDIT:

But anyway I'm not trying to say their system is working the right way or that I deserve a free replacement. I'm just making my own observations on the situation. I don't feel like arguing about it. Let's see what happens, but most companies don't offer free replacements, allow you to make/ship the phone THEN chase you down to pay.

The only game changer would be if you bought the $85 two-year protection plan. But you haven't brought that up so I'm left to assume you did not.

But once again, please keep us updated. That form does imply some type of flat-rate replacement service... but it says nothing about giving you a brand spanking new device.
Last edited by kbluhm; 27th February 2014 at 09:36 PM. Reason: more info, thoughts, etc...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread