Ask a question

No registration required

Microphone issues?

OP tospace2006

25th August 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

135 posts
Hey there, my moto x stopped recognizing my voice for touchless control and no one can hear me during calls.
When I try to use the touchless controls I see that it recognizes some noise but very quiet. If I yell at it it sometimes works.
What's weird is that phone calls no one can hear but but in skype calls they can. I know that moto x has 3 mics so maybe 1 is broken?
When I record a video with the camera and play it back the audio works fine too.
It's currently running 4.4.2 stock rogers bootloader unlocked
Anyone having similar issues or know a fix?
25th August 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,777

2,025 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by tospace2006

Hey there, my moto x stopped recognizing my voice for touchless control and no one can hear me during calls.
When I try to use the touchless controls I see that it recognizes some noise but very quiet. If I yell at it it sometimes works.
What's weird is that phone calls no one can hear but but in skype calls they can. I know that moto x has 3 mics so maybe 1 is broken?
When I record a video with the camera and play it back the audio works fine too.
It's currently running 4.4.2 stock rogers bootloader unlocked
Anyone having similar issues or know a fix?

My first guess is corruption.

Try flashing the entire stock 4.4.2 rogers SBF. You can re-root afterwards since you are unlocked. See if it fixes your issue...

Remember: Flashing the full SBF can actually repair a corrupted or damaged filesystem. Give a shot.
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 06:08 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

135 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

My first guess is corruption.

Try flashing the entire stock 4.4.2 rogers SBF. You can re-root afterwards since you are unlocked. See if it fixes your issue...

Remember: Flashing the full SBF can actually repair a corrupted or damaged filesystem. Give a shot.

I bought the phone second hand so not so familiar on how to do this. I did some reading. Did you mean flash using the RSD lite program?
I can't get my computer to recognize the device in bootloader mode for the program right now.
25th August 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

135 posts
Also does original android roms like CM11 support the features on the moto x like touchless controls, double shake for camera and such?
I want to try flashing one of those on too
25th August 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #5  

2,025 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

I bought the phone second hand so not so familiar on how to do this. I did some reading. Did you mean flash using the RSD lite program?
I can't get my computer to recognize the device in bootloader mode for the program right now.

Yes, you can use RSD Lite. You need to download and install the Moto drivers for it to be recognized in bootloader mode: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,8696

Quote:

Also does original android roms like CM11 support the features on the moto x like touchless controls, double shake for camera and such?
I want to try flashing one of those on too

No. Flashing CM11 will cause you to lose all these features. Active display is lost as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 06:28 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

135 posts
Quote:

Yes, you can use RSD Lite. You need to download and install the Moto drivers for it to be recognized in bootloader mode: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,8696

No. Flashing CM11 will cause you to lose all these features. Active display is lost as well.

What rom would you recommend for rogers phone if I want to keep root and keep all features?
Or is stock pretty good...
25th August 2014, 06:31 AM   |  #7  

2,025 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

What rom would you recommend for rogers phone if I want to keep root and keep all features?
Or is stock pretty good...

I recommend Stock. Research "Xposed" and "GravityBox" if you want to custom mod it.

Lets get you fixed and confirm the microphone issue is solved before you start thinking about customization....
25th August 2014, 06:36 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

135 posts
Quote:

I recommend Stock. Research "Xposed" and "GravityBox" if you want to custom mod it.

Lets get you fixed and confirm the microphone issue is solved before you start thinking about customization....

Alright this is my case.

Windows 8, adb drivers installed, motorola device manager installed for drivers.
RSD version 6.1.6, phone in bootloader mode but RSD won't recognize the phone still.
I saw that there was a manual flash method? But I can't seem to find moto fastboot file anymore anywhere.
25th August 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

135 posts
This is the bootloader screen if it helps
Moto x boot
25th August 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #10  

2,025 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

This is the bootloader screen if it helps

That is the correct screen for using RSD Lite OR fastboot.

Sent you a PM with a link to adb/fastboot/mfastboot

Follow the instructions in the return to 100% stock thread in general sub-forum.

Type "fastboot devices" before you start to make sure your PC detects your device. Also use a USB 2.0 port, NOT a usb 3.0 port.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread