Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 51,230 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Microphone issues?

Tip us?

tospace2006
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Microphone issues?

Hey there, my moto x stopped recognizing my voice for touchless control and no one can hear me during calls.
When I try to use the touchless controls I see that it recognizes some noise but very quiet. If I yell at it it sometimes works.
What's weird is that phone calls no one can hear but but in skype calls they can. I know that moto x has 3 mics so maybe 1 is broken?
When I record a video with the camera and play it back the audio works fine too.
It's currently running 4.4.2 stock rogers bootloader unlocked
Anyone having similar issues or know a fix?
Motorola Razer V3 -> HTC Touch Pro -> LG Nitro HD P930 -> HTC One M7 -> Sony Xperia Z1 C6903 -> LG G3 Cat 6 F460K

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,643

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tospace2006 View Post
Hey there, my moto x stopped recognizing my voice for touchless control and no one can hear me during calls.
When I try to use the touchless controls I see that it recognizes some noise but very quiet. If I yell at it it sometimes works.
What's weird is that phone calls no one can hear but but in skype calls they can. I know that moto x has 3 mics so maybe 1 is broken?
When I record a video with the camera and play it back the audio works fine too.
It's currently running 4.4.2 stock rogers bootloader unlocked
Anyone having similar issues or know a fix?
My first guess is corruption.

Try flashing the entire stock 4.4.2 rogers SBF. You can re-root afterwards since you are unlocked. See if it fixes your issue...

Remember: Flashing the full SBF can actually repair a corrupted or damaged filesystem. Give a shot.
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tospace2006
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
My first guess is corruption.

Try flashing the entire stock 4.4.2 rogers SBF. You can re-root afterwards since you are unlocked. See if it fixes your issue...

Remember: Flashing the full SBF can actually repair a corrupted or damaged filesystem. Give a shot.
I bought the phone second hand so not so familiar on how to do this. I did some reading. Did you mean flash using the RSD lite program?
I can't get my computer to recognize the device in bootloader mode for the program right now.
Motorola Razer V3 -> HTC Touch Pro -> LG Nitro HD P930 -> HTC One M7 -> Sony Xperia Z1 C6903 -> LG G3 Cat 6 F460K

tospace2006
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Also does original android roms like CM11 support the features on the moto x like touchless controls, double shake for camera and such?
I want to try flashing one of those on too

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,643

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I bought the phone second hand so not so familiar on how to do this. I did some reading. Did you mean flash using the RSD lite program?
I can't get my computer to recognize the device in bootloader mode for the program right now.
Yes, you can use RSD Lite. You need to download and install the Moto drivers for it to be recognized in bootloader mode: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,8696

Quote:
Also does original android roms like CM11 support the features on the moto x like touchless controls, double shake for camera and such?
I want to try flashing one of those on too
No. Flashing CM11 will cause you to lose all these features. Active display is lost as well.
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tospace2006
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Yes, you can use RSD Lite. You need to download and install the Moto drivers for it to be recognized in bootloader mode: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,8696

No. Flashing CM11 will cause you to lose all these features. Active display is lost as well.
What rom would you recommend for rogers phone if I want to keep root and keep all features?
Or is stock pretty good...

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,643

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
What rom would you recommend for rogers phone if I want to keep root and keep all features?
Or is stock pretty good...
I recommend Stock. Research "Xposed" and "GravityBox" if you want to custom mod it.

Lets get you fixed and confirm the microphone issue is solved before you start thinking about customization....

tospace2006
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
I recommend Stock. Research "Xposed" and "GravityBox" if you want to custom mod it.

Lets get you fixed and confirm the microphone issue is solved before you start thinking about customization....
Alright this is my case.

Windows 8, adb drivers installed, motorola device manager installed for drivers.
RSD version 6.1.6, phone in bootloader mode but RSD won't recognize the phone still.
I saw that there was a manual flash method? But I can't seem to find moto fastboot file anymore anywhere.

tospace2006
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
This is the bootloader screen if it helps
Moto x boot

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,643

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
This is the bootloader screen if it helps
That is the correct screen for using RSD Lite OR fastboot.

Sent you a PM with a link to adb/fastboot/mfastboot

Follow the instructions in the return to 100% stock thread in general sub-forum.

Type "fastboot devices" before you start to make sure your PC detects your device. Also use a USB 2.0 port, NOT a usb 3.0 port.