Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Is there a modification that I can unlock the phone with active display?

OP 1dtms

11th July 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

138 posts
More
So for example, normally, you have active display turn on automatically showing you just the notifications (still need to slide to unlock/wake screen) by vibration (assuming also light is detected ie not in pocket).

Is there a mod that I can add or an option where I can have this 'on vibration' open the screen immediately and not just on active display?
So something like what it's doing now by skipping the active display screen directly and just waking the screen and go straight to the phone.
And of course I have no password on my lockscreen

Does that kinda make sense? Is there something like this out there or a setting somewhere?
I have rooted, unlocked bootloader XT1053 with xposed and gravity box.
11th July 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag West Chester
Thanks Meter: 3,005

3,453 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sounds like a dead battery waiting to happen to me. If I bump my desk wrong at work and my phone isn't face down, active display lights up. It can do this several times in the period of 10 minutes, in essence leaving the screen on permanently.
11th July 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,777

2,025 posts
Donate to Me
Battery Low
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dtms

So for example, normally, you have active display turn on automatically showing you just the notifications (still need to slide to unlock/wake screen) by vibration (assuming also light is detected ie not in pocket).

Is there a mod that I can add or an option where I can have this 'on vibration' open the screen immediately and not just on active display?
So something like what it's doing now by skipping the active display screen directly and just waking the screen and go straight to the phone.
And of course I have no password on my lockscreen

Does that kinda make sense? Is there something like this out there or a setting somewhere?
I have rooted, unlocked bootloader XT1053 with xposed and gravity box.

There is nothing like this currently available....and IMO, that is a terrible idea. The whole point of AD is to provide notifications while just barely sipping battery power. Assuming such a modification was made consider this one of MANY scenarios:

You have your phone in your car, it 'sees light', it feels vibrations and so it turns on the screen. Now, not only are you using full battery power to light the display, but unless you reach over and click it back of with the power button, it is going to stay on for whatever length of time you have the display timeout set to.

Just imagine how quickly this could kill your battery....
11th July 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

138 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

There is nothing like this currently available....and IMO, that is a terrible idea. The whole point of AD is to provide notifications while just barely sipping battery power. Assuming such a modification was made consider this one of MANY scenarios:

You have your phone in your car, it 'sees light', it feels vibrations and so it turns on the screen. Now, not only are you using full battery power to light the display, but unless you reach over and click it back of with the power button, it is going to stay on for whatever length of time you have the display timeout set to.

Just imagine how quickly this could kill your battery....

well for those reasons I understand and would expect some toggle feature for when you want this and when you don't
12th July 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4

70 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dtms

well for those reasons I understand and would expect some toggle feature for when you want this and when you don't

Could you elaborate on which situations you would like the screen to turn on like that based on notifications instead or active display?

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2
13th July 2014, 12:03 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Developer
Flag West Chester
Thanks Meter: 3,005

3,453 posts
Donate to Me
More
Set your screen timeout to 30 minutes and use the power button to turn it off. Then also turn off the lock screen. About as good as you're going to get, and short of coding the modification yourself, probably the best you'll get too.
13th July 2014, 07:02 PM   |  #7  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,673

12,407 posts
More
I said in another thread recently.... Active Display is what it is. There's no way to modify it in anyway.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread