Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,540 Members 38,298 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto Assist no longer has custom auto reply options

Tip us?

PunchsucKr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Moto Assist no longer has custom auto reply options

Hi all.. Updated the Assist app a few days back and now it does not have custom auto reply options for Driving mode. (Accessed through the right arrow after 'Talk to me')

Contacted support and clearing app cache was their solution which obviously didn't work.

I have yet to test it while driving; whether it is now providing the options through voice control whether to send an auto reply or to dictate a reply or if it even offers to send a reply. It looks like they just removed the most helpful update since its initial release.

Has anyone else also noticed the same?

sivarticus85
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunchsucKr View Post
Hi all.. Updated the Assist app a few days back and now it does not have custom auto reply options for Driving mode. (Accessed through the right arrow after 'Talk to me')

Contacted support and clearing app cache was their solution which obviously didn't work.

I have yet to test it while driving; whether it is now providing the options through voice control whether to send an auto reply or to dictate a reply or if it even offers to send a reply. It looks like they just removed the most helpful update since its initial release.

Has anyone else also noticed the same?
I've noticed this as well. I don't use auto reply, I use voice reply. But I could see how this could be useful to some people.

M973
Old
(Last edited by M973; 9th June 2014 at 05:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 32
I noticed that, too it appears none of the settings for assist in driving mode (the arrow to the right) are there anymore, was wondering if it's an error on their part, or intended.

I was trying to recall, isn't it there, in the now missing settings where one can also opt for things like "read out the name of the incoming caller"?

PunchsucKr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by M973 View Post
I noticed that, too it appears none of the settings for assist in driving mode (the arrow to the right) are there anymore, was wondering if it's an error on their part, or intended.

I was trying to recall, isn't it there, in the now missing settings where one can also opt for things like "read out the name of the incoming caller"?
Don't remember that setting... I even left a 1 star review after this update and they haven't responded which they normally do for such reviews. I think if it would have been a bug then they would've solved it out pretty quickly seeing how obvious it is, don't think it would've reached the Play Store.