moto assist problem

20th August 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 3

157 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi guys, so moto assist used to tell me who was calling either by saying the contact name or telling me the number.

Now the ringtone sounds for just a second and the phone goes silent and the notificaction bar silent icon suddenly appears.

What can I do? "I have the talk to me" option checked and also tried clearing the data from the app itself.

I think the problem may be due to my girlfriend changing the language on the phone and re programming the touchless control to hr voice in spanish, wich I later changed back to my voice and system language to english...

Thanks in advance!
21st August 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #2  
Flag Mountain Green
Thanks Meter: 27

139 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by groggycl

Hi guys, so moto assist used to tell me who was calling either by saying the contact name or telling me the number.

Now the ringtone sounds for just a second and the phone goes silent and the notificaction bar silent icon suddenly appears.

What can I do? "I have the talk to me" option checked and also tried clearing the data from the app itself.

I think the problem may be due to my girlfriend changing the language on the phone and re programming the touchless control to hr voice in spanish, wich I later changed back to my voice and system language to english...

Thanks in advance!

Just a shot in the dark here, but did you check that your notification volume was up. It could be off/too low and that might cause the problem. If that's not it, you may need to do a full reset to fix it. Good luck!
21st August 2014, 07:41 AM   |  #3  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 18

270 posts
More
Not quite the same but when I flashed a different Moto-X update and my phone became American but even after settings everything back to UK non of the Moto specific options would work or work properly

Flashed back to a Brittish update and everything started working so I would consider doing a factory reset and starting over again
22nd August 2014, 05:32 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Santiago

157 posts
Donate to Me
More
I did a full whipe and reset of the phone and checked the sound levels with no luck.

Then I noticed when placing a call my phone says "llamando" which is spanish for "Calling" and everything myphone read to me was in english but awkwardly spoken, as if a spanish person would be reading, hahahaha. So, thats was the second clear clue.

Then I went to languages and inputs and checked "text to speech output", then, "motorola tts" and it offered me only spanish and portuguese languages.

It seems that the OTA update to android 4.4.3 had only those options, maybe because OTA detected my latin amaerican carrier (movistar, Chile).

What I don't know for sure is if before, when moto assist worked just fine with 4.4.2, was by default in english.

Is there a way to add languages to motorola tts? Any stock motorola rom from another country that would work just fine with my XT1058 that surely would use english TTS?
22nd August 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Issues since August 20 update
I've been having issues since the August 20 update of Motorola Assist and it looks like some reviewers in the Play Store are as well. Nothing of mine had changed, clearing etc doesn't seem to have any effect, same with uninstalling updates and re-updating.
23rd August 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Santiago

157 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am pretty sure, in my case at least, the problem is on the motorola tts language option.

I need some feedback on a rom that is fully supported for my xt1058 and is kind of stock motorola. I have this phone so recently that I haven't had time enough to investigate if custom roms take away the touchless control, active display, etc. works on them.

Please help me with that
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread