Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 49,298 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to prevent "ok google now" from making calls?!?

Tip us?

etc6849
Old
(Last edited by etc6849; 5th May 2014 at 01:31 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] How to prevent "ok google now" from making calls?!?

EDIT: I have modified this post to focus more on getting google now/touchless control to stop making calls. I think this should be doable, but I'm banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how?!?

Please read my second post. However, feel free to comment on the other questions below as they are still bugging me too.

I know I talk louder than most folks. When I ran the touchless control training on my Moto X Dev Ed, I have to really talk lower than I normally do. Is there some way to adjust the mic level so I can talk normal?

Also, sometimes I have to say "ok google now" a few times to get the phone to respond, maybe once out of every 10 times this happens. Any suggestions on this?

Additionally, sometimes it will try to call a contact when the phone is locked after I say "ok google now", even though I have this option unchecked under settings->touchless controls. What gives?

I'm running a stock 4.4.2 rom that is unlocked and rooted . Touchless Controls version 4.3.11.1 and Google Search version 3.3.11.1069658.arm.

I really love the phone and bought it to control my home with my voice (which works great for the most part). Hopefully someone has suggestions on fixing these small issues.
Advanced FREE home automation software called Premise: wiki Premise Support Forum: www.cocoontech.com/forums/index.php?showforum=51
Home Automation Install Pics. Open-source VRC0P (Z-Wave) driver: code.google.com/p/zwave-driver-for-premise/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2FViziaRF

etc6849
Old
(Last edited by etc6849; 5th May 2014 at 01:28 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Update: disabling all Touchless Control commands for the phone lock screen does nothing.

I went to Touchless Controls -> Comamnds while locked -> unchecked everything, but my phone still makes calls when I say "call [contact name]" and the phone is locked, along with the other commands. What a joke!?! Does Google test software before publishing it?!? I guess simple if/then logic is beyond a company to get right before releasing an app.

For Google Search I also ensured Google Search->Settings->Phone search->Contacts is unchecked. I also unchecked everything else. Google Search->Settings->Accounts & privacy->Contact recognition is also unchecked and Perosnal results is turned off. Google Search/Touchless Control still uses my contact information to make calls (without my consent) regardless of these settings too.

Allowing it to make calls would be fine if it didn't randomly misunderstand a command and try to make a call.
Advanced FREE home automation software called Premise: wiki Premise Support Forum: www.cocoontech.com/forums/index.php?showforum=51
Home Automation Install Pics. Open-source VRC0P (Z-Wave) driver: code.google.com/p/zwave-driver-for-premise/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2FViziaRF

aviwdoowks
Old
Thanks Meter 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by etc6849 View Post
Update: disabling all Touchless Control commands for the phone lock screen does nothing.

I went to Touchless Controls -> Comamnds while locked -> unchecked everything, but my phone still makes calls when I say "call [contact name]" and the phone is locked, along with the other commands. What a joke!?! Does Google test software before publishing it?!? I guess simple if/then logic is beyond a company to get right before releasing an app.

For Google Search I also ensured Google Search->Settings->Phone search->Contacts is unchecked. I also unchecked everything else. Google Search->Settings->Accounts & privacy->Contact recognition is also unchecked and Perosnal results is turned off. Google Search/Touchless Control still uses my contact information to make calls (without my consent) regardless of these settings too.

Allowing it to make calls would be fine if it didn't randomly misunderstand a command and try to make a call.
I cannot get control of Google search volume during a Bluetooth connection with my Jawbone.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...voice-t2725610
Moto X, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.

etc6849
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Your bluetooth volume issue sounds crazy. You'd think Motorola's engineer's could spot such simple issues assuming they actually use their products, but I guess not. The phone is really well engineered otherwise. These types of errors might be ok for beta software, but not after many revisions.