[Q] Flashing pre and post camera

OP AGISCI

12th March 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 27

79 posts
More
Well I have had a problem that I can't get to kitkat using the OTA because I have a modified system with root. I also can't flash back to stock because the only stock image that is available is from before the camera update, so if I flash it I will brick my cellphone. From what I understand this doesn't leave me with any options at the moment. I am on Claro Chile(139.12.35.ghost_row.AmericaMovil.en.CL) currently but the only firmware available is 139.7.26.ghost_row.AmericaMovil.en.CL which is pre camera...

I wanted to be clear on what things would brick my phone for sure, that way I don't do them. First of all is it the bootloader or the system image that causes it to brick? If it's the bootloader, would I be able to just flash the system image by itself then do the OTA to get me to kitkat? Or is the camera file that is in the system image the problem? If so is it possible to modify the system image to update just the camera file then flash it then do the update to kitkat? Am I able to flash another rom from another carrier such as "Claro Brazil" or "Claro Puerto Rico" since they have the same system version as my phone(139.12.35.ghost_row.America.Movil.en)? Or would that brick it?

Or if any android or moto x gurus have any other ideas on how I can get to kitkat I am open to suggestions and ideas.
13th March 2014, 12:39 AM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 20

128 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGISCI

I wanted to be clear on what things would brick my phone for sure, that way I don't do them. First of all is it the bootloader or the system image that causes it to brick?

There is a poster who created an unofficial fxz for verizon 4.4.2 from another poster's stock phone running 4.4.2. You might want to ask him how he did it and if you know someone who has a stock 4.4.2 claro chile you may be able to do it. Here is the thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...ocked-t2659682

Once the official sbf firmware came out he edited his OP to remove his unofficial fxz. I don't know how he does it, but he may be able to tell you how. That would get you to 4.4.2.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread