Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,079 Members 51,588 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Freeze notification for OTA

Tip us?

tluley51
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Freeze notification for OTA

Rooted non dev VZW Moto X, want to try and freeze the notification to pull the OTA. I froze "updater" in TiBu and I still get it. I also disabled notifications for framework in the apps list and I still get it. Any other suggestions?

JoeSchmoe007
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluley51 View Post
Rooted non dev VZW Moto X, want to try and freeze the notification to pull the OTA. I froze "updater" in TiBu and I still get it. I also disabled notifications for framework in the apps list and I still get it. Any other suggestions?
I have XT1053 and not Verizon version. I froze MotorolaOTA 1.0 in TiBu and it took care of update notifications for me. My coworker has Verizon DE edition and it worked for him too. Is that the app that you froze?
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeSchmoe007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tluley51
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 View Post
I have XT1053 and not Verizon version. I froze MotorolaOTA 1.0 in TiBu and it took care of update notifications for me. My coworker has Verizon DE edition and it worked for him too. Is that the app that you froze?
Just froze it, we shall see! Thanks!

fury683
Old
Thanks Meter 57

DONATE TO ME
Are there any other apps that can freeze beside TiBu? I don't have the donate version.
furyť™ - not helping the situation since 1987
Enable Moto X LED Charging Indicator (without Tasker)
Current: VZW MM Moto X, Woven Black, Black, Black; Nexus 7 (2013) | Previous: Droid Razr Maxx; Droid X; Nook Color (running CM)

NightThyme
Old
(Last edited by NightThyme; 12th March 2014 at 10:35 PM.)
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by fury683 View Post
Are there any other apps that can freeze beside TiBu? I don't have the donate version.
I used TiBu so can't help you. It was worth the $6 to me. But you can just download root browser and navigate to /system/priv-app then press and hold 3c_ota.apk and select rename. Rename it 3c_ota.apk.bak. Then when or if you want to take the OTA, just rename it back to 3c_ota.apk.

Also, you can use root browser to delete the OTA file from /cache. Navigate to /cache and find the OTA and then press and hold then select delete.