Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

XDA Partners with LG for Developer Challenge

Many Android enthusiasts know the name LG. LG is the maker of some Google Nexus devices and some … more

Moto x 4.4.3 system dump??

11th June 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #11  
Flag Santiasko
Thanks Meter: 47

331 posts
Donate to Me
More
Help for XT 1058 4.4.3 system update
Hi, I need some help here. I just received 4.4.3 OTA for Brasil Retail XT1058, I just choosed Accept and it downloaded and tried to install but it just reboot to Recovery (teamwin) and nothing happened. I rebooted and system was still 4.4.2, and is looping shooting down I guess trying to install the update. I remembered that I should have stock recovery or something, but I can't remember what else should I do to get the update. Maybe if somebody helps me, I could try to get the system dump for the XT1058.

Thank you!!
11th June 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1,682

1,961 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traukoman

Hi, I need some help here. I just received 4.4.3 OTA for Brasil Retail XT1058, I just choosed Accept and it downloaded and tried to install but it just reboot to Recovery (teamwin) and nothing happened. I rebooted and system was still 4.4.2, and is looping shooting down I guess trying to install the update. I remembered that I should have stock recovery or something, but I can't remember what else should I do to get the update. Maybe if somebody helps me, I could try to get the system dump for the XT1058.

Thank you!!

You need to disable Xposed if you have installed it. If you have made any changes to SYSTEM, or removed any "bloat" apps, you will need to un-do these changes. You are correct that you need STOCK recovery. You can download the SBF here: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0 (get the correct one for your model, version 4.4.2)

Now extract the file. You only need one file: recovery.img

Use mfastboot to flash the stock recovery:

mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Then you should be able to flash the OTA without failure.

Good Luck
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread