Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,803,273 Members 44,859 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto X audio issue, no sound anywhere

Tip us?

tigim101
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Moto X audio issue, no sound anywhere

I have a factory unlocked no carrier branding moto x i bought second hand nearly a year ago. Two days ago when I was outside and I was trying to make a phone call, there was no ringing noise and when the person picked up we couldn't hear each other. I rebooted the phone but it happened again. It happened again earlier today, and when it happens I can't play music or hear any sounds coming from the phone at all. I get an error from the google play music app saying I can't play music, so this leads me to believe it is a software issue. I haven't downloaded an app in weeks, so i'm not sure what it is. I'm running stock rooted 4.4.3, im on Tmobile and haven't gotten the 4.4.4 rollout. Anyone else ever get something like this? I'm thinking of just factory resetting the phone and perhaps loading a custom rom.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,491
I would just try the factory reset first... Or a rom if you wish. Stock based roms let you keep your moto features, aosp ones do not, and most have some bugs.

Or you can try flashing stock again. Just don't downgrade. Flash same version or higher. 👍
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips