Ask a question

No registration required

Moto X audio issue, no sound anywhere

OP tigim101

26th August 2014, 12:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

58 posts
I have a factory unlocked no carrier branding moto x i bought second hand nearly a year ago. Two days ago when I was outside and I was trying to make a phone call, there was no ringing noise and when the person picked up we couldn't hear each other. I rebooted the phone but it happened again. It happened again earlier today, and when it happens I can't play music or hear any sounds coming from the phone at all. I get an error from the google play music app saying I can't play music, so this leads me to believe it is a software issue. I haven't downloaded an app in weeks, so i'm not sure what it is. I'm running stock rooted 4.4.3, im on Tmobile and haven't gotten the 4.4.4 rollout. Anyone else ever get something like this? I'm thinking of just factory resetting the phone and perhaps loading a custom rom.
26th August 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,942

13,601 posts
More
I would just try the factory reset first... Or a rom if you wish. Stock based roms let you keep your moto features, aosp ones do not, and most have some bugs.

Or you can try flashing stock again. Just don't downgrade. Flash same version or higher. 👍
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread