Ask a question

No registration required

Moto X Bootloader

OP morgs640

26th August 2014, 09:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

190 posts
Hi just wondering if anyone knows which model numbers of the moto x have an unlockable bootloader i see on the cyanogenmod download page that there is cm for the xt1053, xt1058 and xt1060 does this mean all of these are unlockable or are some of these using safestrap? also does it depend on which region you purchase the phone from? thanks guys and girls
26th August 2014, 09:17 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,793

2,030 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgs640

Hi just wondering if anyone knows which model numbers of the moto x have an unlockable bootloader i see on the cyanogenmod download page that there is cm for the xt1053, xt1058 and xt1060 does this mean all of these are unlockable or are some of these using safestrap? also does it depend on which region you purchase the phone from? thanks guys and girls

All XT1053 's are unlockable
All XT1052 's are unlockable
All XT1050 's are unlockable
All XT1055 's are unlockable
All XT1056 's are unlockable
All XT1058 's are unlockable EXCEPT AT&T
Only the DEVELOPER edition XT1060 is unlockable
NO XT1049 's are unlockable (except nTelos)

Basically, they can all be unlocked EXCEPT Verizon (though the DEV edition can be unlocked), AT&T, and Republic Wireless.

You can NOT use CM or any other non-stock-based custom ROMs with safe-strap. Safe-strap is for stock based ROMs ONLY.

This is all completely accurate with the exception of the services of the "China Middleman" (use search).

The middleman sells unlock codes for some of the locked variants. While many are successful at unlocking, many are unable to receive codes as well. See that thread for further details.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 09:18 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

190 posts
You are an absolute legend thanks so much, i spent ages looking for that info
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread