Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,721 Members 52,119 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] MOTO X buying from US

Tip us?

Anwarmohd1512
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] MOTO X buying from US

Hi

Iam about o buy a MOTO X with GSM Unlocked provided by NET10 Carrier in US. will this mobile work with my vodafone carrier in INDIA.

Expected answers in a day

thanks in Advance

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 738
From what I've been reading, the X from net10 is the XT1053 GSM Unlocked version,. It is SIM unlocked and should be bootloader unlockable.

If that is true, then similar to the GSM Unlocked XT1053 and Developer Edition XT1053, the Net10 X will support the following frequencies...

GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+ : 850/900/ AWS/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps (B5/B8/B4/B2/B1)
LTE: 700/AWS/1900MHz (B17/B4/B2)

If your carrier uses those, then the phone will work. If you've seen threads talking about the USA Dev Edition, or GSM Unlocked Edition being used in India, then it will work.

This thread -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...icing-t2662264 seems to indicate the XT1052 is being sold/used in India... Based on Wikipedia, the XT1052 supports different LTE bands, and there is a slight difference in the UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+ support.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

sudocode
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe View Post
From what I've been reading, the X from net10 is the XT1053 GSM Unlocked version,. It is SIM unlocked and should be bootloader unlockable.
Not doubting you, but do you have source for this? Everything I've been reading has left the model number out. If it is an XT1053, that would be awesome, but I don't want to buy the phone and find out it has Net10 firmware on it.

KidJoe
Old
(Last edited by KidJoe; 10th July 2014 at 04:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudocode View Post
Not doubting you, but do you have source for this? Everything I've been reading has left the model number out. If it is an XT1053, that would be awesome, but I don't want to buy the phone and find out it has Net10 firmware on it.
Sorry, I thought this AndroidPolice article said the model -> http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/07...til-july-16th/

but apparently it was discussion in the comments... does not appear confirmed.

THe Moto Maker web site calls it GSM Unlocked includes Net10 Wireless SIM... hence the speculation its the same XT1053 GSM Unlocked but includes a Net10 sim rather than T-Mobile.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sudocode
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I may just take a chance on ordering it, and if it isn't an XT1053 i'll just return it for a refund.

dobbs3x
Old
Thanks Meter 142

DONATE TO ME
Any update on this? Want to get one for tmobile.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

dobbs3x
Old
Thanks Meter 142

DONATE TO ME
I ordered one and will let you all know. I live in Colorado so hopefully it comes quick from Texas.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

KJ
Old
(Last edited by KJ; 13th July 2014 at 06:32 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3190
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2404256

Questions go in the Q&A section.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

dobbs3x
Old
Thanks Meter 142

DONATE TO ME
For what its worth... Found this just now on Motorolas Twitter.
The Following User Says Thank You to dobbs3x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dobbs3x
Old
Thanks Meter 142

DONATE TO ME
Got my moto today, Confirmed that it's a xt1053.

The Following User Says Thank You to dobbs3x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]