5,599,677 Members 46,993 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto X call recorder

Tip us?

Jemmy Ducks
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Easy Voice Recorder Pro is working really well on my Moto X. It also has a Tasker plug-in, allowing me to automatically record all phone calls (don't care to do this, but I tested it, and it works perfectly).

UncleMike
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemmy Ducks View Post
Easy Voice Recorder Pro is working really well on my Moto X. It also has a Tasker plug-in, allowing me to automatically record all phone calls (don't care to do this, but I tested it, and it works perfectly).
Are you rooted? I've been using Easy Voice Recorder for a while and I can use it to record phone calls on my Moto X without root that would definitely push me into the paid version of the app.

Mike_jnz
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodpp View Post
Here Call Recorder by skvalex is working on Moto X.

It is necessary to modify the settings of the Standard API inside de app.
What exact settings did you change? Mine acts like it is recording but they all have 0 length. Rooted and I have paid version from previous phone
Moto X Developer Edition, unlocked & rooted

rodpp
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_jnz View Post
What exact settings did you change? Mine acts like it is recording but they all have 0 length. Rooted and I have paid version from previous phone
Settings - > Recording - > Recording Method - > Standard API

And in the standard API settings: Audio Source - > Default

Enviado de meu XT1058 usando Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rodpp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mike_jnz
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodpp View Post
Settings - > Recording - > Recording Method - > Standard API

And in the standard API settings: Audio Source - > Default

I guess I skipped Default, thinking that default would have been the one originally selected and not working. Thanks

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

rodpp
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
I guess I skipped Default, thinking that default would have been the one originally selected and not working. Thanks

You're welcome!

Mike_jnz
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:

Well after trying "default" it's not much better, at least compared with my old Galaxy Exhibit which sounded like you were in the room with the person it was so clear. Maybe I`m just spoiled by that.

Here is what I`m getting by changing the Standard API audio source:

Voice call up/downlink are the same - zero length recordings.
Microphone - didn't even try it because I know from past experience the results, even at best case scenario, are not that good IMO
Default - hear myself great but the other person sounds baffled like "Microphone" above.
Voice Communication - hear myself great but other person is garbled static.

So yes Default is the best yet and at least workable, but still unsatisfying. Maybe that's as good as it gets on the Moto X but I`ll see if the Dev will at least look into it.

Jemmy Ducks
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleMike View Post
Are you rooted? I've been using Easy Voice Recorder for a while and I can use it to record phone calls on my Moto X without root that would definitely push me into the paid version of the app.
Yes, I'm rooted, but I'm not sure it matters. I never thought to use it for this purpose before I saw this thread, and I don't plan to use it much, but it's good to know it's an option for times when I'm not in a position to take notes during a call.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

rodpp
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Well after trying "default" it's not much better, at least compared with my old Galaxy Exhibit which sounded like you were in the room with the person it was so clear. Maybe I`m just spoiled by that.

Here is what I`m getting by changing the Standard API audio source:

Voice call up/downlink are the same - zero length recordings.
Microphone - didn't even try it because I know from past experience the results, even at best case scenario, are not that good IMO
Default - hear myself great but the other person sounds baffled like "Microphone" above.
Voice Communication - hear myself great but other person is garbled static.

So yes Default is the best yet and at least workable, but still unsatisfying. Maybe that's as good as it gets on the Moto X but I`ll see if the Dev will at least look into it.
Good analysis, I only put it in default and don't tested other options. Good to know it is the best option for the moment. I will be waiting for improvements too.

skvalex
Old
Thanks Meter 651

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Try latest alpha04 with CAF method (root is required)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk