5,598,938 Members 31,188 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can Moto X use car charger for HTC Sensation?

Tip us?

varxx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Default [Q] Can Moto X use car charger for HTC Sensation?

I have a car charger (plugs into cigarette lighter) that I bought for my old HTC Sensation. The brand is HTC, and it's sold for the Sensation.

Question: Can I safely use this charger with my new Moto X? The micro USB plug of the charger will fit my new Moto X, but I wanted to be sure there wouldn't be an electrical problem.

flashallthetime
Old
Thanks Meter 1276
Quote:
Originally Posted by varxx View Post
I have a car charger (plugs into cigarette lighter) that I bought for my old HTC Sensation. The brand is HTC, and it's sold for the Sensation.

Question: Can I safely use this charger with my new Moto X? The micro USB plug of the charger will fit my new Moto X, but I wanted to be sure there wouldn't be an electrical problem.
I have no issue with my car charger that I purchased for my HTC evo

Sent on my Moto X
]Dr EVIL EVO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Don"t ask me for help,couldn't careless if your phone explodes
The Following User Says Thank You to flashallthetime For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jhedfors
Old
(Last edited by jhedfors; 20th December 2013 at 06:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
I am coming from the Sensation as well. As I understand it, as a rule, electronics can get damaged when they try to pull more than what the charger can deliver. So as the Sensation had a more powerful charger, we should be OK.

You would not want to do the reverse, and plug the Sensation into the less powerful Moto X charger.

Sent from my XT1053
The Following User Says Thank You to jhedfors For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Groid
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhedfors View Post
I am coming from the Sensation as well. As I understand it, as a rule, electronics can get damaged when they try to pull more than what the charger can deliver. So as the Sensation had a more powerful charger, we should be OK.

You would not want to do the reverse, and plug the Sensation into the less powerful Moto X charger.

Sent from my XT1053
The Sensation must have one powerful charger. The Moto X charger is 1150mA, which is pretty powerful already.
The Following User Says Thank You to Groid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

varxx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Thank you, flashallthetime, jhedors and Groid, for your advice. It sounds like I'm O.K. with the HTC charger.
Tags
car, charger