Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,767,951 Members 39,716 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto X Dev question

Tip us?

infinit22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default Moto X Dev question

I just received my Verizon Dev edition and was wondering if I'm limited to Verizon based Roms only?

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinit22 View Post
I just received my Verizon Dev edition and was wondering if I'm limited to Verizon based Roms only?
Once you unlock the bootloader (via Moto's web site), you can flash custom roms and such.

That being said, if your question is.. Can I flash a ROM for the XT1053 to my Verizon XT1060, I would say, try not to, but if you do, only flash SYSTEM.IMG, nothing else. I've seen issues of flashing roms meant for other carriers and trying to revert to the original carrier's rom.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

infinit22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe View Post
Once you unlock the bootloader (via Moto's web site), you can flash custom roms and such.

That being said, if your question is.. Can I flash a ROM for the XT1053 to my Verizon XT1060, I would say, try not to, but if you do, only flash SYSTEM.IMG, nothing else. I've seen issues of flashing roms meant for other carriers and trying to revert to the original carrier's rom.
Ok thanks

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Free mobile app