XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto X dialer codes

Tip us?

drago10029
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Default Moto X dialer codes

XT1053, just bought it. Running stock 4.4, always been stock. What are the dialer codes? I have yet to see a list or any success with the few i saw on random forums, thanks!

The goal is to be able to delve into hidden menu and also control the radios. Thanks in advance!!
Samsung Galaxy S III i747 in creamy Pebble Blue
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye and Good ridden!

piccit
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by drago10029 View Post
XT1053, just bought it. Running stock 4.4, always been stock. What are the dialer codes? I have yet to see a list or any success with the few i saw on random forums, thanks!

The goal is to be able to delve into hidden menu and also control the radios. Thanks in advance!!
Testing menu (to control radio) is #*#*INFO*#*#

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

chrstndsgnr
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by piccit View Post
Testing menu (to control radio) is #*#*INFO*#*#

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk
First off, the code is *#*#info#*#*
Secondly, dialer codes don't work on the stock moto x 4.4+ I've tried many and none will bring up any menu.

Another post mentioned the app Phone Testing. This has worked for me as far as bringing up the info menu.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....testing.phone

Sent from my XT1053 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chrstndsgnr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

piccit
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrstndsgnr View Post
Secondly, dialer codes don't work on the stock moto x 4.4+ I've tried many and none will bring up any menu.

Another post mentioned the app Phone Testing. This has worked for me as far as bringing up the info menu.

Oops got the symbols backwards, thanks for catching that

But yeah, the codes seem to be hit or miss (I've had both experiences on stock -- it's working for me now on 4.4.2 but didn't work on 4.4)
The Following User Says Thank You to piccit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drago10029
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccit View Post
Oops got the symbols backwards, thanks for catching that

But yeah, the codes seem to be hit or miss (I've had both experiences on stock -- it's working for me now on 4.4.2 but didn't work on 4.4)
thanks for the help guys, I searched anycut in the play store but it's gone apparently. also, piccit is right, the dialer code does not work for 4.4 that was the first thing i tried when getting the phone lol

I'm just gonna find anycut on google. Also piccit, since we have the same model, Are there any noticable camera improvements for 4.4.2? also did system update work for you? it doesn't for me, and did audio effects toggles work for you? because on 4.4 it don't work for me lol.
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye and Good ridden!

piccit
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
thanks for the help guys, I searched anycut in the play store but it's gone apparently. also, piccit is right, the dialer code does not work for 4.4 that was the first thing i tried when getting the phone lol

I'm just gonna find anycut on google. Also piccit, since we have the same model, Are there any noticable camera improvements for 4.4.2? also did system update work for you? it doesn't for me, and did audio effects toggles work for you? because on 4.4 it don't work for me lol.
I actually have the 1060 (vze DE). I flashed the Great Britian 4.4.2 and never bothered to modify my build.prop to specify the right version.

As far as your questions:
I don't use the camera enough to comment.
I manually flashed 4.4.2, so system update doesn't come into play
I haven't touched my EQ/audio effects, they're still on whatever the defaults are

I'm not familiar with anycut, but if you just want to get to the testing menu, the app chrstndsgnr posted worked for me when the dialer code wouldn't on 4.4

chrstndsgnr
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:

AnyCut hasn't been updated since 2008. If you've installed it before, open the play store, click on the upper left and pick"my apps" then "all". You'll probably have to scroll all the way to the bottom

Here's the direct link, don't know if it'll work for you or not.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ppdroid.anycut

drago10029
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
AnyCut hasn't been updated since 2008. If you've installed it before, open the play store, click on the upper left and pick"my apps" then "all". You'll probably have to scroll all the way to the bottom

Here's the direct link, don't know if it'll work for you or not.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ppdroid.anycut

Thanks for the reply but I trieed that direct link else where already. also I can just get the apk from google like i did last time.

Q9Nap
Old
(Last edited by Q9Nap; 11th February 2014 at 04:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 287

DONATE TO ME
you can create shortcuts to hidden menus through the activities widget in third party launchers like apex launcher and action launcher, probably others.

CQATest: CQATest > CQATest > .Test_MenuMode

Phone info (submenu of Testing): Settings > Phone info > .RadioInfo

Programming Menu: Programming Menu > Programming Menu > .ProgMenuApp$ProgMenuList

Qualcomm Settings: com.qualcomm.qualcommsettings > Qualcomm Settings > .QualcommSettings

Testing: Settings > Testing > .TestingSettings

Tags
code, dialer, frequency, modem, radio