XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto x Hard brick? help!!!

Tip us?

djow747
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Moto x Hard brick? help!!!

hey guys, i have a 2 month moto x, that i probably hard brick...
i updated the phone to vzn 4.4.4 firmware but dont have 4g gsm mode for my country (brazil),so i decided flash back the 4.4.2 retail br then att to 4.4.3 ota...
the phone rebooted to att, the green android robot appeared but the phone shut down and no more signal of life...
the phone doesnt turn on, dont boot, dont fastboot, no recovery, nothing... its just like the battery died...
when i accepted the att, the battery was in 94%...
please help me
when i connect to pc, doesnt appear nothing, neither in device manager...
i dont get QHSUSB_DLOAD to do the hard reset and im desperated...
please help

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,645

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by djow747 View Post
hey guys, i have a 2 month moto x, that i probably hard brick...
i updated the phone to vzn 4.4.4 firmware but dont have 4g gsm mode for my country (brazil),so i decided flash back the 4.4.2 retail br then att to 4.4.3 ota...
the phone rebooted to att, the green android robot appeared but the phone shut down and no more signal of life...
the phone doesnt turn on, dont boot, dont fastboot, no recovery, nothing... its just like the battery died...
when i accepted the att, the battery was in 94%...
please help me
when i connect to pc, doesnt appear nothing, neither in device manager...
i dont get QHSUSB_DLOAD to do the hard reset and im desperated...
please help
If only you had followed all the warnings saying to never downgrade....

I'm sorry this happened to you, but let this be a lesson to all others: LISTEN!!! Don't attempt to downgrade! It is literally posted ALL OVER this forum. Don't do it unless you don't value your phone and/or you have plenty of cash lying around to buy another one.

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions for you EXCEPT to maybe try this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/droi...overy-t2830806

But....that also appears to require QHSUSB_DLOAD to be working as well. At this point though, since your phone is useless, can't make it worse! Although I'll give the disclaimer anyways: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Good Luck
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djow747
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post

I'm sorry this happened to you, but let this be a lesson to all others: LISTEN!!! Don't attempt to downgrade! It is literally posted ALL OVER this forum. Don't do it unless you don't value your phone and/or you have plenty of cash lying around to buy another one.

But....that also appears to require QHSUSB_DLOAD to be working as well. At this point though, since your phone is useless, can't make it worse! Although I'll give the disclaimer anyways: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Good Luck

i'll take to the technical assistance...
thanks

Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post

Good Luck
nice find! haven't seen that one.

OP, also if you can modify/get your hands on one of these, you may have more options:
http://www.hard-reset.in/android-boot-cable.html

andrei8181
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default hard brick moto x sprint

I heve samу problem hard brick moto x sprint. after 4.4.2 firmware go to 4.2.2 and after receive ota update phone restart and hard brick.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,629
You guys can try here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2629057

You really need to do some research before attempting things. Moto X's bricking after downgrading is a well known issue. A search on downgrading would have warned you of this quickly.

Hopefully you can work it out. And hopefully this will remind others what can happen.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips