Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 51,078 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Moto X - Hardbrick / Sprint questions.

Tip us?

omarachs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Moto X - Hardbrick / Sprint questions.

"Bla Bla Bla, I'm an idiot, Bla Bla Blla"
Yep, i know i am >_>. Anyways, i believe i hard bricked my moto X. I was on Liquid smooth, and it was buggy as hell, so i decided to switch to stock 4.4 deoxed from Sprint XT1056 stock roms thread. It worked but i would always get motorola and google apps crashing at boot and they never worked so i just used the moto x tool kit to flash back to 4.2.2 pre-camera update and accepted the OTA. My phone got stuck in the boot loader and then shut off. It won't turn on, the boot loader won't come up, the screen is black. I haven't been able to successfully do that QHU_ thingy but i'll try later after some new-found motivation. My phone has charge, I'm 100% of this, it's at least at 80%+ I plugged it in at home and i can't sign the unverified driver, but when i plug it in at school, it installs a driver for the moto X and then the green LED turns on for about 5 seconds while its installing the driver. Any ideas on how i could get it to work, should i try to sign the unverified driver on a computer that doesn't have the moto x drivers, even though thats on of the pre-reqs? The driver installs as a USB Input device. ( Note: I DID NOT mess with any of the xml lines in the rom, i did everything through the Moto X Toolkit. )

If i can't fix it, I'm going to buy a moto x now due to the 100$ off for mothers day, would i be able to add it on my Sprint Two year contract as a replacement phone, the Sim card is still perfectly fine, i just need a new device. Or does it vary per case?

( Unlocked bootloader, 99.9% sure warranty is voided )

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2725
Did you read this thread? Maybe can help. But yeah....what you did is a known brick method. Not sure if this thread can help....but worth looking into.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2629057

Good luck!
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 3 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips