Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,458 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need Moto X Help Badly

Tip us?

dpatt402
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Need Moto X Help Badly

Hello,
I have a Motorola Moto X through US Cellular and I am desperately looking how to carrier unlock this phone. I don't know if its CDMA or GSM but it has a Sim card. It was hooked up through US Cellular and I would just go there and get a prepaid Sim card and use that but they said that I couldnt because it was still connected to my friends US Cellular account and he is in jail. The phone doesnt have service and I have been desperately looking how to unlock this phone. I cut I micro AT&T Sim to a nano Sim and put it in hoping to get the option to enter unlock code and all it says is "Sorry unknown Sim has been entered" I'm completely stuck and dont know what to do any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

The Tallest
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatt402 View Post
Hello,
I have a Motorola Moto X through US Cellular and I am desperately looking how to carrier unlock this phone. I don't know if its CDMA or GSM but it has a Sim card. It was hooked up through US Cellular and I would just go there and get a prepaid Sim card and use that but they said that I couldnt because it was still connected to my friends US Cellular account and he is in jail. The phone doesnt have service and I have been desperately looking how to unlock this phone. I cut I micro AT&T Sim to a nano Sim and put it in hoping to get the option to enter unlock code and all it says is "Sorry unknown Sim has been entered" I'm completely stuck and dont know what to do any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
I don't believe the whole GSM/CDMA thing really applies now as most phones that are CDMA come with SIM cards. My Verizon Moto X Developer Edition is CDMA and it has a SIM card. I'm not sure but you could try calling US Cellular and inquire about unlocking the SIM. But if the phone and SIM is still tied to another account I think you are SOL. You'd have to get your friend to transfer the account to you.

I'm no expert so take what I say with a grain of salt. Hopefully someone with more experience can help you out.

evilp8ntballer7
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hello,

Let start with your model number that makes the biggest difference to this. Can you read the model on the back-bottom of the device?
It will say XT1058 or XT1053 etc. also does it have any carrier logos on the back?

dpatt402
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilp8ntballer7 View Post
Let start with your model number that makes the biggest difference to this. Can you read the model on the back-bottom of the device?
It will say XT1058 or XT1053 etc. also does it have any carrier logos on the back?
Hello yes it is Moto X XT1055 and has US Cellular stamped on the back any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.

droib
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Hello,
You can probably just use one of the many online unlocking services to do this, your US Cellular account status doesn't matter, as these services are only concerned with your hardware. You give them your phone details and serial number (IMEI) and $10-20 and they send you an unlock code and instructions for doing it.

I just looked up your phone on www.simunlock.com and it looks like they can do it. I'm in no way vouching for them, no idea if they're legit but they come up high on a Google search at least. 10 minutes more searching should get you a reputable site. Hope this helps.
------------------------------------------
Moto X GSM DE (XT1053) -> 4.4.3 + GravityBox = very happy
Nexus S -> CM 9, 10.0, 10.1
Droid (1st gen) -> every ROM available...