DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Moto-X on KK 4.4.4 AT&T Root Method?

OP Rick1488

24th August 2014, 01:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Schererville
Thanks Meter: 25

120 posts
More
Hello,

I'm coming over from the Atrix-HD forum so I just bought the Moto-X and upon doing so the blue shirt at Best Buy updated the phone for me which I wasn't to happy about but that's where I'm at and I'm wondering if there is a root method for my setup?

I'm sorry if this has been covered before but from what I read a solution is unclear so I'm asking for clarification.

Thank You!
24th August 2014, 01:41 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 907

2,174 posts
More
I would consider reading this thread -> [One Stop Shop] How do I root my Moto X - Let's end the confusion.

Or maybe start with this post from that thread -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...9/post54671918 as it clarifies things a little more.
24th August 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 25

258 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1488

Hello,

I'm coming over from the Atrix-HD forum so I just bought the Moto-X and upon doing so the blue shirt at Best Buy updated the phone for me which I wasn't to happy about but that's where I'm at and I'm wondering if there is a root method for my setup?

I'm sorry if this has been covered before but from what I read a solution is unclear so I'm asking for clarification.

Thank You!

return it to the blueshirt who updated it and tell him its a useless pos once you update to 4.4.4, you can root it and have write if its on 4.4 which it could be. if its on 4.4.2 than you can still root but not write.
25th August 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #4  
Flag Redding
Thanks Meter: 10

141 posts
Donate to Me
More
On on att 4.4.4 and I can't root, my dumb arse was in such a hurry I took part in the soak test and now no towel root towel pie or Jcases methods will root for me but I got this awesome new dialer and worse battery life lol

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
25th August 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #5  
Central Texas
Thanks Meter: 23

134 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superp32

On on att 4.4.4 and I can't root, my dumb arse was in such a hurry I took part in the soak test and now no towel root towel pie or Jcases methods will root for me but I got this awesome new dialer and worse battery life lol

Really? My battery life is better....
25th August 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #6  
Flag Redding
Thanks Meter: 10

141 posts
Donate to Me
More
Battery life isn't much worse it could even be better but wifi is using up like 15 or more percent

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread