Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,337 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto x LED

Tip us?

texaslegend
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Moto x LED

So I've seen the app that will allow the LED under the earpiece to light up while charging and from everything I understand there is no way to make that same light work as a notification.

I am wondering though if it would be possible to make the camera flash led to function as a notification light?

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

vikramkhalsa
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by texaslegend View Post
So I've seen the app that will allow the LED under the earpiece to light up while charging and from everything I understand there is no way to make that same light work as a notification.

I am wondering though if it would be possible to make the camera flash led to function as a notification light?

There should be..

Check out lightflow, I'm pretty sure it has the ability to use camera flash for notifications..
I've never tried it on the moto x though, because we have active notifications.

But maybe you can give it a shot, good luck!

drago10029
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by texaslegend View Post

Yeah definitely! I've seen it on the iPhone and try google/the play store I haven't tried any.
Samsung Galaxy S III i747 in creamy Pebble Blue
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye and Good ridden!

tcrews
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Yes, just about any of the apps in the play store that use the camera LED for notifications will work. My brother inlaw wanted that feature on his Moto X after he saw one of his co-workers have that function on their iPhone.

He loves the feature because he cranks the stereo in his car so can see the flash when a call (or whatever you set it to notify you on) comes in.
http://android.snkbitten.com/
Motorola Droid, Droid 2, Droid 3 and Droid 4 (all rooted)
Motorola Moto X DevEd - KK 4.4.2 + Root
Google Nexus 10 - KK 4.4.2 + Root

scoobaspeaz
Old
Thanks Meter 184
I use Flash Alerts Pro to make my camera flash light up rapidly when i get a text notification. Works great

Motorola Moto X: Stock Android 4.4.2 with Xposed framework AND CyanogenMod 11
Motorola Droid Razr HD MAXX: CyanogenMod 11
------------
Tablet:
Nook Color: CM10
Nook Tablet: CM 10
------------
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein