Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Moto x official 4.4.4

OP Josue96

2nd September 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Recently i rooted my moto x trying to update the software, i installed cyanogenmod 11 but i just keep getting crash reports, i really want to install the '' normal '' ? 4.4.4 i am sorry for my lack of knowledge about this topic, but can someone give me a official link to download? my moto x is XT1055
Thanks
2nd September 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,727

1,987 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josue96

Recently i rooted my moto x trying to update the software, i installed cyanogenmod 11 but i just keep getting crash reports, i really want to install the '' normal '' ? 4.4.4 i am sorry for my lack of knowledge about this topic, but can someone give me a official link to download? my moto x is XT1055
Thanks

The xt1055 doesn't have 4.4.4 yet. You can install stock 4.4.2 - just find the thread in general titled 'return to 100% stock'. Everything you need is there.
2nd September 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

The xt1055 doesn't have 4.4.4 yet. You can install stock 4.4.2 - just find the thread in general titled 'return to 100% stock'. Everything you need is there.

Do you think the 4.4.4 update is going to be released soon?
also, if i return to 100% stock, will i be able to install the new update normally ? i mean without downloading it to the pc, etc

Thank you very much!!
2nd September 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #4  

1,987 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Do you think the 4.4.4 update is going to be released soon?
also, if i return to 100% stock, will i be able to install the new update normally ? i mean without downloading it to the pc, etc

Thank you very much!!

It will probably be released soon but I have no way of knowing.

Yes, if you flash to stock 4.4.2, you can take the ota normally with no PC. That is assuming you don't flash custom recovery or modify /system. If you do, you cannot take the ota normally. You must flash stock recovery back first and undo any significant changes to /system. That means no Xposed, etc.

If you want further details, search XDA for how to take an ota update.
2nd September 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

It will probably be released soon but I have no way of knowing.

Yes, if you flash to stock 4.4.2, you can take the ota normally with no PC. That is assuming you don't flash custom recovery or modify /system. If you do, you cannot take the ota normally. You must flash stock recovery back first and undo any significant changes to /system. That means no Xposed, etc.

If you want further details, search XDA for how to take an ota update.

i think i did... i unlocked bootloader and rooted the phone, moved some files to the phone too, i dont really know lol
2nd September 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #6  

1,987 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

i think i did... i unlocked bootloader and rooted the phone, moved some files to the phone too, i dont really know lol

I said that's assuming you 'don't' (not didn't) do those things -- you will receive the OTA as normal AFTER following the instructions in the return to stock thread to return to 100% stock.

Once you "return to stock" you will be 100% stock - any past changes won't matter.

IF **AFTER** you follow the return to stock guide to return to full stock 4.4.2, you flash TWRP and/or modify files in /system, you can't take the OTA until you un-do all of those changes.

Understand? Nothing you did or have done previously matters. All that matters is what you do AFTER you return to stock...
4th September 2014, 12:27 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 7

65 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks

If you want Stock images Found here for your dive

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

Choose your device and download insatll using RSD lite it will go 100% stock then if any updates 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 download automatically shows in your mobile .

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Moto X Q&A by ThreadRank