Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,721 Members 51,788 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Moto X owner, have some starter questions.

Tip us?
 
samwathegreat
Old
#11  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 607
Posts: 1,059
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by asilviug View Post
Unfortunately the Chinese middle man couldn't help me with the unlock code. What about contacting AT&T regarding the unlock code? Do you think it's possible to ask them politely?
Zero chance. Sorry.

I mean...it's certainly possible to ask them politely, but they still won't give it to you....guaranteed.


I'm guessing you have a 2013 variant since the middleman couldn't help you?
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

 
asilviug
Old
#12  
asilviug's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 70
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
Zero chance. Sorry.

I mean...it's certainly possible to ask them politely, but they still won't give it to you....guaranteed.


I'm guessing you have a 2013 variant since the middleman couldn't help you?
Yes, a late 2013 model. He said that the database could become available again in the future...
If I want to contact AT&T, what would be the best way? Phone/email? I'm not an US citizen nor living in US.
 
samwathegreat
Old
#13  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 607
Posts: 1,059
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by asilviug View Post
Yes, a late 2013 model. He said that the database could become available again in the future...
If I want to contact AT&T, what would be the best way? Phone/email? I'm not an US citizen nor living in US.
I'm not an AT&T customer, so I can't advise on contact info, but I can tell you that you will be wasting your time if you even try. The chance that they will give you the code is exactly 0% no matter how nicely you ask them.

You might consider selling your AT&T XT1058 and buying one that can be unlocked, such as the XT1053, or the XT1058 Roger's variant if unlocking the BL is that important to you.

Good Luck
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

 
KidJoe
Old
#14  
KidJoe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 663
Posts: 1,765
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by asilviug View Post
Unfortunately the Chinese middle man couldn't help me with the unlock code. What about contacting AT&T regarding the unlock code? Do you think it's possible asking them politely?
Quote:
Originally Posted by asilviug View Post
Yes, a late 2013 model. He said that the database could become available again in the future...
If I want to contact AT&T, what would be the best way? Phone/email? I'm not an US citizen nor living in US.
You have zero chance getting a boot loader unlock code from Att or Moto.

And If you are not living in the USA, then you are likely not an ATT customer, so they won't even talk to you.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

Sign up for Dropbox -> HERE
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...