Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 45,285 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Moto X owner, have some starter questions.

Tip us?

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,630

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by asilviug View Post
Unfortunately the Chinese middle man couldn't help me with the unlock code. What about contacting AT&T regarding the unlock code? Do you think it's possible to ask them politely?
Zero chance. Sorry.

I mean...it's certainly possible to ask them politely, but they still won't give it to you....guaranteed.

I'm guessing you have a 2013 variant since the middleman couldn't help you?
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT

asilviug
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
Zero chance. Sorry.

I mean...it's certainly possible to ask them politely, but they still won't give it to you....guaranteed.

I'm guessing you have a 2013 variant since the middleman couldn't help you?
Yes, a late 2013 model. He said that the database could become available again in the future...
If I want to contact AT&T, what would be the best way? Phone/email? I'm not an US citizen nor living in US.

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,630

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yes, a late 2013 model. He said that the database could become available again in the future...
If I want to contact AT&T, what would be the best way? Phone/email? I'm not an US citizen nor living in US.
I'm not an AT&T customer, so I can't advise on contact info, but I can tell you that you will be wasting your time if you even try. The chance that they will give you the code is exactly 0% no matter how nicely you ask them.

You might consider selling your AT&T XT1058 and buying one that can be unlocked, such as the XT1053, or the XT1058 Roger's variant if unlocking the BL is that important to you.

Good Luck
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 771
Quote:
Unfortunately the Chinese middle man couldn't help me with the unlock code. What about contacting AT&T regarding the unlock code? Do you think it's possible asking them politely?
Quote:
You have zero chance getting a boot loader unlock code from Att or Moto.

And If you are not living in the USA, then you are likely not an ATT customer, so they won't even talk to you.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-