XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto X payment problem

Tip us?

varun.gid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default Moto X payment problem

Hi guys.. i tried ordering the moto x after getting my promo code today and it won't accept my international credit card. I'm living in UAE.. I have a friend whose ready to bring the phone but its not acceting my card. Nor does paypal option seem available. Is there anyway i can work around this?

Coop9
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.gid View Post
Hi guys.. i tried ordering the moto x after getting my promo code today and it won't accept my international credit card. I'm living in UAE.. I have a friend whose ready to bring the phone but its not acceting my card. Nor does paypal option seem available. Is there anyway i can work around this?
You can try calling their sales reps. I don't know if you're eligible, but you could potentially apply for a credit account through motorola. Not sure if they allow non US residents to do that though.

goaten
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop9 View Post
You can try calling their sales reps. I don't know if you're eligible, but you could potentially apply for a credit account through motorola. Not sure if they allow non US residents to do that though.
You have to have a US ID to apply for it.

I have the same problem :/

Coop9
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by goaten View Post
You have to have a US ID to apply for it.

I have the same problem :/
Are they not accepting the card because it's not Visa/MC/Disc/Amex, or is it one of those but issued through an international branch? If it's something else, can you purchase a Visa prepaid card and use that?

PunkRockTuba
Old
(Last edited by PunkRockTuba; 5th December 2013 at 08:36 PM.) Reason: spelling
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop9 View Post
Are they not accepting the card because it's not Visa/MC/Disc/Amex, or is it one of those but issued through an international branch? If it's something else, can you purchase a Visa prepaid card and use that?
The MotorolaSupport twitter account said on Monday that they don't accept any non-US credit card orders.