Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more
Post Reply

Moto X and Pebble

OP ascotinmpls

7th February 2014, 02:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
I am thinking about getting one of the Pebble Watches and i was curious if anybody here has one, or knows somebody with one. I'm concerned that the Bluetooth connection is going to kill the battery life on my X. Anybody with experience using these two devices together and what has been your experience with battery life.
7th February 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascotinmpls

I am thinking about getting one of the Pebble Watches and i was curious if anybody here has one, or knows somebody with one. I'm concerned that the Bluetooth connection is going to kill the battery life on my X. Anybody with experience using these two devices together and what has been your experience with battery life.


Yup, I have both. Battery drain is going to be dependant on how many notifications you get a day. That being said, I would be considered an average user I would say, with work and personal email addresses, txt and BBM. I get about 200 notifications a day and the battery drain is about 8 - 10% higher than normal.

I could not get through a full day on a charge. I typically charge it up during lunch hour or so, and can make it to about 10 PM.
7th February 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascotinmpls

I am thinking about getting one of the Pebble Watches and i was curious if anybody here has one, or knows somebody with one. I'm concerned that the Bluetooth connection is going to kill the battery life on my X. Anybody with experience using these two devices together and what has been your experience with battery life.

I have both and really notice very little additional drain on my phone. I can go a full day without recharging and generally end up with about 30% left around 10pm. I would consider my use around average with 1.5 on screen hours by the end of the day. I am running a custom ROM though that I think has the base kernel on it though.

I would strongly suggest getting a Pebble. If I was in the market for getting one now, I would spring for one of the new metal ones.
8th February 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Flag Iowa City
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
I also have both and haven't noticed any noticeable drain on battery life. The Pebble is fantastic, by the way.
8th February 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
how much of battery drain do you get on the pebble watch itself per day. I was just wondering because I relly like the look of the new pebble steel ad I am considering getting one when the prices get reduced some.

Thanks
9th February 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcone67

how much of battery drain do you get on the pebble watch itself per day. I was just wondering because I relly like the look of the new pebble steel ad I am considering getting one when the prices get reduced some.

Thanks

I can go about a week before I need to charge my Pebble. The battery life can float a day in either direction based on how many notifications I get. It is also dependent on how often I flick my wrist to engage the back light (one of my favorite features actually). You get a low battery notification on the watch, no percentages or anything though, that tells you to charge in the next 24 hours. I find the battery life perfectly acceptable especially compared to the Samsung Gear watch that has to be charged daily.
9th February 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Thanks for the feedback guys. I bought one at Best Buy on Friday night. So far, so good. I'm seeing probably about a 20% drain. It's 3pm and my phone has been off power since about 7am and i have 53% left. My usage today on my phone, outside of Pebble has only been sending a handful of text messages.

Any suggestions on Pebble apps or watch faces?
10th February 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascotinmpls

Thanks for the feedback guys. I bought one at Best Buy on Friday night. So far, so good. I'm seeing probably about a 20% drain. It's 3pm and my phone has been off power since about 7am and i have 53% left. My usage today on my phone, outside of Pebble has only been sending a handful of text messages.

Any suggestions on Pebble apps or watch faces?

I use Glance, https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.pebbleglance , for my watch face. It's not the most elegant but it gives me all the data I want in the format I like. I also implement Notifier, https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.plugin&hl=en, for non-basic notifications. There's a ton of development out there though.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Moto X Q&A by ThreadRank