Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 53,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto X and Pebble

Tip us?

ascotinmpls
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Moto X and Pebble

I am thinking about getting one of the Pebble Watches and i was curious if anybody here has one, or knows somebody with one. I'm concerned that the Bluetooth connection is going to kill the battery life on my X. Anybody with experience using these two devices together and what has been your experience with battery life.

scooby103
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascotinmpls View Post
I am thinking about getting one of the Pebble Watches and i was curious if anybody here has one, or knows somebody with one. I'm concerned that the Bluetooth connection is going to kill the battery life on my X. Anybody with experience using these two devices together and what has been your experience with battery life.

Yup, I have both. Battery drain is going to be dependant on how many notifications you get a day. That being said, I would be considered an average user I would say, with work and personal email addresses, txt and BBM. I get about 200 notifications a day and the battery drain is about 8 - 10% higher than normal.

I could not get through a full day on a charge. I typically charge it up during lunch hour or so, and can make it to about 10 PM.

DuvelDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
I have both and really notice very little additional drain on my phone. I can go a full day without recharging and generally end up with about 30% left around 10pm. I would consider my use around average with 1.5 on screen hours by the end of the day. I am running a custom ROM though that I think has the base kernel on it though.

I would strongly suggest getting a Pebble. If I was in the market for getting one now, I would spring for one of the new metal ones.

pianoman674
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I also have both and haven't noticed any noticeable drain on battery life. The Pebble is fantastic, by the way.

htcone67
Old
Thanks Meter 0
how much of battery drain do you get on the pebble watch itself per day. I was just wondering because I relly like the look of the new pebble steel ad I am considering getting one when the prices get reduced some.

Thanks

DuvelDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcone67 View Post
how much of battery drain do you get on the pebble watch itself per day. I was just wondering because I relly like the look of the new pebble steel ad I am considering getting one when the prices get reduced some.

Thanks
I can go about a week before I need to charge my Pebble. The battery life can float a day in either direction based on how many notifications I get. It is also dependent on how often I flick my wrist to engage the back light (one of my favorite features actually). You get a low battery notification on the watch, no percentages or anything though, that tells you to charge in the next 24 hours. I find the battery life perfectly acceptable especially compared to the Samsung Gear watch that has to be charged daily.

ascotinmpls
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the feedback guys. I bought one at Best Buy on Friday night. So far, so good. I'm seeing probably about a 20% drain. It's 3pm and my phone has been off power since about 7am and i have 53% left. My usage today on my phone, outside of Pebble has only been sending a handful of text messages.

Any suggestions on Pebble apps or watch faces?

DuvelDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback guys. I bought one at Best Buy on Friday night. So far, so good. I'm seeing probably about a 20% drain. It's 3pm and my phone has been off power since about 7am and i have 53% left. My usage today on my phone, outside of Pebble has only been sending a handful of text messages.

Any suggestions on Pebble apps or watch faces?
I use Glance, https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.pebbleglance , for my watch face. It's not the most elegant but it gives me all the data I want in the format I like. I also implement Notifier, https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.plugin&hl=en, for non-basic notifications. There's a ton of development out there though.