5,598,171 Members 43,915 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Moto X persistent OTA download popups.

Tip us?

drago10029
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Hey if you click download you WILL still be reminded to finish the update. I chatted with a rep and this update is persistent and mandatory! & on purpose from chatting with the moto rep. Picture is below.

Other option apparently is buy a new phone lol. Since you're reading this on XDA it isn't a huge deal considering we all know how to work around such things.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1392235834642.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	2575719

Sent from my XT1053 using xda app-developers app
Samsung Galaxy S III i747 in creamy Pebble Blue
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye and Good ridden!

nhizzat
Old
Thanks Meter 62
I'm still really confused as to why you wouldn't just update to 4.4 when your phone is completely stock...

SwiftLeeO
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Well, if you want to freeze the updates, you need to either have root, or get a signed motorola img without the update, and flash that. Either way, your modifying something, so your not going to get out of doing that. There is no setting that I am aware of to turn off the notifications. Just update. The battery life isn't as bad as they are saying, and I haven't noticed any broken features. 4.4.2 is already out for t-mobile and is coming out for the other carriers soon so just update. If you can't stand it, enjoy knowing that your going to have a better version very soon
Phone: LG Nexus 5 (hammerhead)
ROM: CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4

burcs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
There are reports of volume issues after the update. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And none of the updates listed apply to my phone. Battery life has been fine, I don't use MS Exchange, and I've not found the need to print from my phone yet. The only issue I do have, besides the wallpaper zooming after every reboot, is bluetooth volume control doesn't work on Win8.1, though it works fine on my desktop with Win7. Volume control works on both machines with a Galaxy S4, so I've at least narrowed down to the phone.

Anyhoo, I just did a factory reset trying to fix the BT issue (with no luck), and so far haven't gotten another notification about updating. Have only had the phone 2 weeks so may not be an option for other people, just throwing it out there.

maratd
Old
Thanks Meter 6
ROOT ONLY. Install Disable Service from the play store. It's free. Find MotorolaOTA and disable all the services under it. Reboot your phone. Done.
The Following User Says Thank You to maratd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wxaxgxs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I don't recall which of the OTA screen it was, but you should notice that there's a time on it. If you click the time (it's not highlighted or boxed, so not obvious) you can enter a new time, which is when it will remind you. Mine somehow defaulted to the current time and I got stuck in the OTA screen until I noticed you could click the time and change when it next alerts you.