[Q] New Moto X, Random Reboots and Bugs

Search This thread

xd1936

Dec 4, 2006
Google Pixel 7
Hello!

I have a coworker with a brand new Moto X GSM Dev Edition. He doesn't have a SIM in it, and intends to use it like an iPod Touch.

• If he opens the Google Voice app and opens settings, turns on Do Not Disturb, and hits the back button, the device crashes hard and shows the boot logo.
  • If he says "Ok Google Now, Listen to Adele" or "Listen to _______", Google Now will open and try to throw it over to Play Music, which closes without playing and sends a "No Results Found" toast.
  • Once, he said "Ok Google Now, Listen to Fame by David Bowie", and it reset hard and showed the boot logo.

Has anyone seen any of these out-of-the-box bugs? What should I try as a fix?

D

Darth

My guess is weather he admits it to you or not....he's "tinkered" with it and done something he shouldn't have.

Never heard any of those issues before. Unless not having a sim has something to do with it....which I doubt.

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

xd1936

Dec 4, 2006
Google Pixel 7
My guess is weather he admits it to you or not....he's "tinkered" with it and done something he shouldn't have.

Never heard any of those issues before. Unless not having a sim has something to do with it....which I doubt.

Interesting thought. However, I watched him open the box and set it up yesterday. I have a VZW Dev Edition, and I haven't experienced these issues either.

D

Darth

Well...again...haven't read about any of that here. So don't have anymore ideas. Sorry. :)