5,598,779 Members 36,074 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Moto X can't be rerooted?

Tip us?

SPACE-AGE-INC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation [Q] Moto X can't be rerooted?

As for the Moto X my issue seems isolated. Heres what happened.

1.After successfully gaining root access on 4.4, I notice one big problem. My touchless control wouldn't activate via saying ok google now unless I was google search. I tried everything I could to get it to work (check my recent post) but going back to 4.2.2 to re-slapmymoto was the only option.

2.Flashed to 4.2.2 using RSD Lite. Good news is touchless control worked again. Now the disappointing news...

3.Before slapping I wanted to see what was lost and what stuck after flashing, so I checked my write protection. It came back '0'. Check for root access, it showed su: not found or in other words, not rooted.

4.I was going through the rockmymoto process then hit a snag. After entering the dalvikvm code into puttytel/telnet, it took me straight to step 3 and did absolutely nothing (see picture). I waited for 1min anyways and checked root again...no dice. Adb rebooted the device, reconnected to puttytel and checked again...nothing.

I've searched for about 4hrs straight trying to figure this out. Is there really no way to root again???

Verizon Moto X (currently 4.2.2)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140214_021207191_HDR.jpg
Views:	1210
Size:	252.6 KB
ID:	2578532  

eksasol
Old
Thanks Meter 665
I've been reading that if you downgrade to 4.2.2 then receive OTA update you will brick the phone, be careful.

sent via tapatalk

Klown80
Old
Thanks Meter 269

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPACE-AGE-INC View Post
As for the Moto X my issue seems isolated. Heres what happened.

1.After successfully gaining root access on 4.4, I notice one big problem. My touchless control wouldn't activate via saying ok google now unless I was google search. I tried everything I could to get it to work (check my recent post) but going back to 4.2.2 to re-slapmymoto was the only option.

2.Flashed to 4.2.2 using RSD Lite. Good news is touchless control worked again. Now the disappointing news...

3.Before slapping I wanted to see what was lost and what stuck after flashing, so I checked my write protection. It came back '0'. Check for root access, it showed su: not found or in other words, not rooted.

4.I was going through the rockmymoto process then hit a snag. After entering the dalvikvm code into puttytel/telnet, it took me straight to step 3 and did absolutely nothing (see picture). I waited for 1min anyways and checked root again...no dice. Adb rebooted the device, reconnected to puttytel and checked again...nothing.

I've searched for about 4hrs straight trying to figure this out. Is there really no way to root again???

Verizon Moto X (currently 4.2.2)

Lol,you won't brick.

To get phone rooted again since you already have write protection turned off, just use slapmymoto instead of rockmymoto. I know you said you were on 4.2.2 but the write protection turned off will not let rockmymoto complete.

Good luck and hope this helps!
If someone has ever helped you, make sure you THANK that person with the thanks button.
Support your DEVELOPERS and HELPERS.

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/7IfBNlLg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Klown80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SPACE-AGE-INC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksasol View Post
I've been reading that if you downgrade to 4.2.2 then receive OTA update you will brick the phone, be careful.

sent via tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown80 View Post
Lol,you won't brick.

To get phone rooted again since you already have write protection turned off, just use slapmymoto instead of rockmymoto. I know you said you were on 4.2.2 but the write protection turned off will not let rockmymoto complete.

Good luck and hope this helps!
I love you

drago10029
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPACE-AGE-INC View Post
I love you
I'm having the exact same problem as OP doing the exact same thing WP 0 etc.. I used SlapMYMoto, after the reboot on step 2 I waited about 5 minutes installed Supersu and same error OP was getting, thoughts?
Samsung Galaxy S III i747 in creamy Pebble Blue
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye and Good ridden!