Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,052 Members 40,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto X screen doesn't shut off when charging.

Tip us?

Nschneider7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default Moto X screen doesn't shut off when charging.

I have the Verizon Dev edition Moto X but when I go to charge the phone I have to press the power button to turn off the screen. It doesn't just dim then turn off after a while. I have active display on and daydream off but I'm not sure if that has something to do with it.

I should also mention that I'm not rooted or unlocked and running 4.4. Not the biggest problem in the world. In fact as I type this all I can see in my mind is the first world problems meme. Just wanted to know if there was a fix our if anyone else even had this problem.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yghrv
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nschneider7 View Post
I have the Verizon Dev edition Moto X but when I go to charge the phone I have to press the power button to turn off the screen. It doesn't just dim then turn off after a while. I have active display on and daydream off but I'm not sure if that has something to do with it.

I should also mention that I'm not rooted or unlocked and running 4.4. Not the biggest problem in the world. In fact as I type this all I can see in my mind is the first world problems meme. Just wanted to know if there was a fix our if anyone else even had this problem.

go to
settings-> developer options->stay awake uncheck that which keeps your screen on while charging
The Following User Says Thank You to yghrv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nschneider7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by yghrv View Post
go to
settings-> developer options->stay awake uncheck that which keeps your screen on while charging
Hah. Thanks didn't even think about that. Knew it would be something easy like that.