FORUMS

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Moto X screen replacement question?

326 posts
Thanks Meter: 30
 
By EvanVanVan, Senior Member on 5th January 2014, 03:26 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I cracked the glass on my Moto X. The screen and digitizer still works (seems to respond fine to touch inputs anyway), so my question is can I get away with just replacing the glass?

It's similar to this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2555896, with the reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnl33

... From what I know, it's very difficult to replace the screen because the digitizer is fused into the screen and the glass itself is heat laminated into the frame...

But I found this glass with black frame replacement: http://www.etradesupply.com/replacem...lass-lens.html

Is that all I would need?
 
 
5th January 2014, 11:31 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Marion
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanVanVan

I cracked the glass on my Moto X. The screen and digitizer still works (seems to respond fine to touch inputs anyway), so my question is can I get away with just replacing the glass?

It's similar to this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2555896, with the reply:



But I found this glass with black frame replacement: http://www.etradesupply.com/replacem...lass-lens.html

Is that all I would need?

From someone who has replaced an iPhone screen (got paid ONLY reason why) and disassembled my own person droid RAZR.. Let me give u this advice.. If u go with only the glass u will have to separate the broken glass away from the LCD and digitizer... VERY difficult.. Ur best way it to order a whole new LCD glass with digitizer and just install that...it'll be more expensive but it'll b easier in the long run.

Slapped my Moto

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Forgot to say...I normally get my parts from www.cellphonerepairshop.com

Slapped my Moto
The Following User Says Thank You to xpsychox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2014, 03:26 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Don't do it
I work at a cell phone repair shop, I personally cracked my x as well. But please don't just repair the glass. It's a repair I do for galaxy phones on a daily basis, it's extremely tricky and risky. But more importantly, your phone will NEVER work the same again. The only way to put the glass lens on, is to glue the outside frame after you remove the old one. The factory screen has glue all over the lcd, so it sits perfectly and the touching is flawless. Yours will not be this way, I PROMISE you that. I'm great at the doing this kind of repair and I would never do it to my own device. It may work well for a couple of months.But you will have problems with bubbles, and most importantly, responsiveness. DON'T JUST REPLACE THE LENS
The Following User Says Thank You to dj923 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2014, 12:29 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Yeah, I'm convinced... thanks for the help to both of you.
7th January 2014, 01:36 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Marion
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanVanVan

Yeah, I'm convinced... thanks for the help to both of you.

NP...glad I could.

Slapped my Moto
25th November 2014, 05:05 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
glass lens
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj923

I work at a cell phone repair shop, I personally cracked my x as well. But please don't just repair the glass. It's a repair I do for galaxy phones on a daily basis, it's extremely tricky and risky. But more importantly, your phone will NEVER work the same again. The only way to put the glass lens on, is to glue the outside frame after you remove the old one. The factory screen has glue all over the lcd, so it sits perfectly and the touching is flawless. Yours will not be this way, I PROMISE you that. I'm great at the doing this kind of repair and I would never do it to my own device. It may work well for a couple of months.But you will have problems with bubbles, and most importantly, responsiveness. DON'T JUST REPLACE THE LENS

I want to change just the plastics arround the phone because a drop that damage and its ugly and if i want to sell the phone will value much less.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes