5,598,086 Members 42,245 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto X screen shatter but still works. Do I need full screen or just glass lens?

Tip us?

regulator207
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Question Moto X screen shatter but still works. Do I need full screen or just glass lens?

Hey all

I got my wife a Moto X on RW but it dropped the first day and had a small crack that has since expanded throughout the screen today with the change in weather just like a windshield. I have been looking at guides on repair but do not know if the only thing I need is the the front housing will glass lens or the LCD screen with digitizer?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

jhnl33
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by regulator207 View Post
Hey all

I got my wife a Moto X on RW but it dropped the first day and had a small crack that has since expanded throughout the screen today with the change in weather just like a windshield. I have been looking at guides on repair but do not know if the only thing I need is the the front housing will glass lens or the LCD screen with digitizer?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
First day? Why don't you send it back in for a RMA? From what I know, it's very difficult to replace the screen because the digitizer is fused into the screen and the glass itself is heat laminated into the frame...

And wow, I've dropped my moto x on concrete more than once and suffered barely a scratch. You musta been unlucky :/