[Q] Which Moto X shoud I choose?

OP noblemes

28th July 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Hy all!
Now that they give away the X for 300-325$, i'll buy either the developer edition or the 32GB GSM unlocked (T-Mobile), but I need help regarding the usage in Europe and the conditions of the SIM included.
I'm in the USA for about 6 month and then i'll use it in Hungary.

- Will I be able to use both phones with my own SIM card? (=are they really unlocked, without any restrictions?)

- Are there any obligations/fix costs/charges with the T-Mobile SIM? I'd be ideal for me, if i could just throw it away after i don't use it..

- Which will be the highest theorical download speed that i can use (these are form the site of my network operator):
3G - 0,38/0,38 Mbit/s
HSPA - 14,4/1,8 Mbit/s
HSPA+ - 21/5,76 Mbit/s
HSPA+DC - 42,2/5,76 Mbit/s
4G/LTE - 150/50 Mbit/s
The 4G is out of the question, because only the European version works on band3. The UMTS bands are matching, so there will be 3G, but i don't know if the different HSPAs are counts as 3G or 4G.

The two options are supposed to be the same, except the non-dev is customizable and the dev's bootloader can be unlocked. I've read somewhere that it has some effect on using the phone aboard/other provider. Can someone please verify it?
Thanks for all of you in advance!
28th July 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 968

2,291 posts
More
When it comes to the GSM Dev Edition vs the GSM Unlocked (comes with T-Mobile SIM), or GSM Unlocked (comes with Net10 Sim), there really is no hardware differences..

Ok, the Dev Edition comes only as black front, woven white back, silver accents (buttons and camera ring), says Dev Edition on it, and is 32gig only. It is SIM unlocked out of the box, and you can request/use the Bootloader Unlock code from Moto's web site WITHOUT voiding the warranty.

Where as the GSM Unlocked can be customized with Moto Maker for the front, back, accents and memory size. It is SIM unlocked out of the box, and you can request/use the Bootloader Unlock code from Moto's web site BUT IT DOES void the warranty.

They are all the XT1053. They use the same rom, radio, baseband, support the same frequencies, etc.

The T-Mobile and Net10 sim cards that ship with them are NOT activated, there is no data plan, voice plan, contract associated with them. So you could buy either, and stick your own sim in without any issue. No need to worry about canceling service on the SIM that ships with the X.

As for speeds and 2G/3G/4G support... that depends on what your target carrier uses, and does the XT1053 support it.

In the USA, 4G can mean either HSPA+ or LTE. Don't expect to get LTE outside the USA with the XT1053.

The XT1053 supports the following..

GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+: 850/900/ AWS/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps (B5/B8/B4/B2/B1)
LTE: 700/AWS/1900MHz (B17/B4/B2)

If your intended carrier uses the same bands for UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+ you should be ok if your carrier supports 42Mbps or lower.
Last edited by KidJoe; 28th July 2014 at 07:26 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Phone
Moto G 4G is awesome phone for small budget who would like to buy smart phone under 10000-15000.. it is best .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread