Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,416 Members 39,351 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Moto X soft brick - Need help!!

Tip us?
 
realdaniel1989
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jan 2011
Unhappy [Q] Moto X soft brick - Need help!!

Hey guys,

I just got my Moto X and I was trying to factory reset my phone when I accidentally wiped my entire internal sd and the system. I lost the back up that I made earlier before wiping the device and I have no idea how to fix my device.

At the moment, whenever I boot the phone, all I can see is the image in the attachment below.

I cant connect to my usb therefore I cant put anything in my phone.

I tried using adb sideload in TWRP but it doesnt want to load.

I tried searching the threads of other people in xda who has bricked their phone but found no solution.

I really need help to revive the device to it's original condition.

Please help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WARNING-WITH-EXCEPTION.png
Views:	86
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	2714010  
 
bqw371
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 14
Join Date: Apr 2011
Merge
 
realdaniel1989
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bqw371 View Post
Merge
What do I merge?
 
kenosis
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 635
Join Date: Apr 2008
1. Download correct sbf file for your phone from the following link.

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

2. Download RSDLite (Google it)

3. Install USB driver for Motorola on your computer

4. Power Off your phone. Press Volume Down + Power button for 3 seconds. You will see boot loader screen

5. Flash your download file from step 1 with RSDLite.

6. Reboot when it is done.

Good Luck
Sent from my XT1053 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to kenosis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
realdaniel1989
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default Solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdaniel1989 View Post
Hey guys,

I just got my Moto X and I was trying to factory reset my phone when I accidentally wiped my entire internal sd and the system. I lost the back up that I made earlier before wiping the device and I have no idea how to fix my device.

At the moment, whenever I boot the phone, all I can see is the image in the attachment below.

I cant connect to my usb therefore I cant put anything in my phone.

I tried using adb sideload in TWRP but it doesnt want to load.

I tried searching the threads of other people in xda who has bricked their phone but found no solution.

I really need help to revive the device to it's original condition.

Please help.

Managed to solve the problem.

For the non connecting adb sideload install this -
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/04...ly-works-on-8/

And in order to return to stock or whatever rom then -
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...using-t2446515
 
emailrob
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 74
Join Date: Nov 2012
Just jumping on saying that I had nearly the same problem in the last few days. and RSD fixed it. I lost my root (I was on 4.4., and flashed 4.4) but apart from that all is good.
 
hovax615@hotmail.com
Old
#7  
hovax615@hotmail.com's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 309
Posts: 1,480
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Corona, CA - Murfreesboro, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by emailrob View Post
Just jumping on saying that I had nearly the same problem in the last few days. and RSD fixed it. I lost my root (I was on 4.4., and flashed 4.4) but apart from that all is good.
If your still on 4.4 just follow the slapmymoto thread. Write protection should still be off.

MOTO X
 
emailrob
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 74
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hovax615@hotmail.com View Post
If your still on 4.4 just follow the slapmymoto thread. Write protection should still be off.

MOTO X
OK thank you. It seemed very convoluted (i.e. I had the chance of screwing up!)
 
him25tyg
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Aug 2014
Exclamation Same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdaniel1989 View Post
Managed to solve the problem.

For the non connecting adb sideload install this -
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/04...ly-works-on-8/

And in order to return to stock or whatever rom then -
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...using-t2446515

hi,

I have the same problemm stuck on the warning screen. I have the correct firmware and the latestd drivers but still no luck.
Can you please elaborate what have you done?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Fix KitKat WiFi Drops on Your Own

Despite introducing many useful features and overall great performance and enhancements,Android 4.4 KitKat … more

Bring Back Tablet UI on KitKat

Google presented their brand new UI for tablets alongsidethe release of Android 3.0 Honeycomb back in early … more

Give Your Notification Shade a Facelift with these Modding Guides

Modification has always been one of the strong suits of Android, due in … more

Keep Track of How Much Your Car Truly Costs with Car Logbook

It’s a very well established fact that cars are expensive. In addition to … more