Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Moto X on Straight Talk?

OP korn918

22nd October 2013, 05:31 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Yeah are there any tips anyone has? I just activated a AT&T moto X on Straight Talk and stupidly did the update so I can't root right now, Texting/Phone works but not MMS, I'm assuming because of the APNs that you can't delete?

Edit: see below reply.
Last edited by schmoli; 22nd October 2013 at 10:25 PM.
22nd October 2013, 07:19 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 30

161 posts
More
wait seriously? you can't completely set up an apn without root on the at&t version? is this for real? i just bought a used one to use on ST, and i'm not sure i'm buying it but unfortunately won't know til i get my phone in a few days. can people with at&t moto x's on ST chime in?
Last edited by mohlsen8; 22nd October 2013 at 07:27 PM.
22nd October 2013, 10:30 PM   |  #13  

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohlsen8

wait seriously? you can't completely set up an apn without root on the at&t version? is this for real? i just bought a used one to use on ST, and i'm not sure i'm buying it but unfortunately won't know til i get my phone in a few days. can people with at&t moto x's on ST chime in?

Update! I went back and verified and I had actually messed up the APN, once I made it the correct settings and rebooted, I was able to SEND mms but not receive it. Then I woke up this morning, and now that is working as well. I did not root and still have the stock apn's in my phone, I just 'selected' the ST one.
26th October 2013, 07:56 PM   |  #14  

8 posts
I just got my moto x on ST today with the ATT LTE sim... no data/no mms... cant root cause of update.. if you guys have data working, howd you do it? My APN Below

Name: stalk
APN: tfdata
Proxy:NotSet
Port:80
Username:not set
Password: not set
server:not set
MMSC: http ://mms-tf.net
MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC 410
Auth Type: None
APN Type: default,supl,mms
APN Protocol: ipv4
APN Roam Protocol: ipv4
APN Enabled
Bearer: Unspecified

26th October 2013, 08:48 PM   |  #15  

161 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmew22

I just got my moto x on ST today with the ATT LTE sim... no data/no mms... cant root cause of update.. if you guys have data working, howd you do it? My APN Below

Name: stalk
APN: tfdata
Proxy:NotSet
Port:80
Username:not set
Password: not set
server:not set
MMSC: http ://mms-tf.net
MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC 410
Auth Type: None
APN Type: default,supl,mms
APN Protocol: ipv4
APN Roam Protocol: ipv4
APN Enabled
Bearer: Unspecified

mine worked fine as soon as i put in the new APN. looking at yours, the first thing i see is you have a port when you shouldn't. not sure otherwise. try adding a new APN and only put in values for what ST now gives with the tfdata setting (port is MMS port).

if that doesn't work, how old is your SIM? you may need the old settings to get it working.. they switched over to the new one sometime in the last few months and left everyone to figure it out but it seems that SIMs purchased after a particular, mysterious date need the tfdata one.

also, if you're just getting it set up today you might try waiting another day or so. i've jumped back and forth a few times and i know at least once or twice it's taken a day or so for MMS to catch up.
Last edited by mohlsen8; 26th October 2013 at 08:51 PM.
26th October 2013, 08:52 PM   |  #16  

8 posts
Quote:

mine worked fine as soon as i put in the new APN. looking at yours, the first thing i see is you have a proxy when you shouldn't. not sure otherwise. try adding a new APN and only put in values for what ST now gives with the tfdata setting (port is MMS port).

if that doesn't work, how old is your SIM? you may need the old settings to get it working.. they switched over to the new one sometime in the last few months and left everyone to figure it out but it seems that SIMs purchased after a particular, mysterious date need the tfdata one.

Just got my sim a few days ago, along with my moto x. I ported my number this morning from AT&T. Will take the port setting out and see what happens. Thanks.
26th October 2013, 09:09 PM   |  #17  

161 posts
More
Quote:

Just got my sim a few days ago, along with my moto x. I ported my number this morning from AT&T. Will take the port setting out and see what happens. Thanks.

Note it looks like I edited my post after you replied. Meant port, not proxy - but leave MMS port. Also, you may need to wait a good day or so for everything to "take" with the new SIM after porting.
26th October 2013, 10:41 PM   |  #18  

8 posts
Quote:

Note it looks like I edited my post after you replied. Meant port, not proxy - but leave MMS port. Also, you may need to wait a good day or so for everything to "take" with the new SIM after porting.

Ok, took the port out on the data proxy, left the mms port and proxy. Still not working yet. Ill let it cook, and see what happens. This should give me LTE too correct?
26th October 2013, 11:12 PM   |  #19  

161 posts
More
Quote:

Ok, took the port out on the data proxy, left the mms port and proxy. Still not working yet. Ill let it cook, and see what happens. This should give me LTE too correct?

Yes it should. I've had to wait the better part of a day before for MMS to start working correctly, but can't remember the same for data (although it could be true). Did you reboot and all that jazz? Not to dumb it down too much for you, but did you remember to select the "bubble" next to the APN name after you saved it? I've almost missed that before. Other than that, I guess you'll have to wait 24 hours and call Straight Talk - they won't tell you anything other than "wait 24 hours" if you call before then.

edit: and can you make/receive calls as-is at least?
Last edited by mohlsen8; 26th October 2013 at 11:14 PM.
26th October 2013, 11:17 PM   |  #20  

8 posts
Quote:

Yes it should. I've had to wait the better part of a day before for MMS to start working correctly, but can't remember the same for data (although it could be true). Did you reboot and all that jazz? Not to dumb it down too much for you, but did you remember to select the "bubble" next to the APN name after you saved it? I've almost missed that before. Other than that, I guess you'll have to wait 24 hours and call Straight Talk - they won't tell you anything other than "wait 24 hours" if you call before then.

edit: and can you make/receive calls as-is at least?

yep, i have the bubble selected on the apn screen and rebooted several times. I can call and recieve sms but no mms/data. Only other thing I wanted to try and can't is deleting the factory APNs, but can't with no root.

EDIT: I can see the "4G" symbol in the status bar, but never get connected.
Last edited by shmew22; 26th October 2013 at 11:21 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread