Post Reply

Moto X TMO Dev Edition Freezing

18th February 2014, 03:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Hi,

I just got my Moto X Dev Edition GSM TMO last week, but I got it very unstable, while I had try to wipe cache and factory reset few times.
Some problem that I have
  1. Numeric Keypad is not shown while using google keyboard. The problem that my email is using 2FA from google to entry my 6-digit PIN
  2. Chrome freeze while open quite complex pages
  3. Gmail freezing while open communication more than 3 email on the messaging mode
  4. Path also unstable while need to scroll down and request to reload more data.
  5. Whatsapp stuck when there's few message has beeen received

Thinking to downgrade the os to 4.4, but when I read in some thread inform better not to downgrade that might cause device brick.
Is there any other solution so I can use my Moto X for daily, while waiting for T-Mobile latest 4.4.2 rom.

Please share

Thank you
19th February 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #2  
SymbioticGenius's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
455 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
If you have to downgrade to 4.4, but you're waiting for T-Mobile 4.4.2, what ROM are you running?

MotoX Developer Edition went from German 4.4.2 to Great Britain 4.4.2 to T-Mobile 4.4.2 no problem. Fastboot FTW!
19th February 2014, 07:03 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticGenius

If you have to downgrade to 4.4, but you're waiting for T-Mobile 4.4.2, what ROM are you running?

MotoX Developer Edition went from German 4.4.2 to Great Britain 4.4.2 to T-Mobile 4.4.2 no problem. Fastboot FTW!

Currently I'm using T-Mobile 4.4.2 OTA
Is it possible to restore to factory image with T-Mobile 4. 4?
19th February 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 715
 
2,841 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyapeter

Currently I'm using T-Mobile 4.4.2 OTA
Is it possible to restore to factory image with T-Mobile 4. 4?

Yes. But don't flash motoboot.img or gpt.img, it won't let you downgrade those. This doesn't means that you won't brick with other version.
19th February 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksasol

Yes. But don't flash motoboot.img or gpt.img, it won't let you downgrade those. This doesn't means that you won't brick with other version.

Eksasol,

What did you mean with don't flash with those files? Is that means unzip the image files and take out those files and zip again?
Which images is the best one for downgrade, from the sbf Blur_Version.161.44.25.ghost_row.Retail.en.US.zip or TMO_RETAIL_XT1053_4.4-13.11.1Q2.X-69-3_MR2_1FF.xml.zip

And also what you mean with "This doesn't means that you won't brick with other version"? Is that mean that not guarantee that downgrade won't have brick on the devices?

Please advice thanks
19th February 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #6  
SymbioticGenius's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
455 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Let me make it easier. Just flash the system and kernel files leave everything else alone. However the ability to go back depends on how you got to 4.4.2 to begin with, OP said he took the OTA, not sure about you.

My advice assuming you're stock is to call Motorola, tell them you took the ota and these are the issues you're having. Get them to send you a new phone. I'd rather see you do that than brick your phone trying to do it yourself.

MotoX Developer Edition went from German 4.4.2 to Great Britain 4.4.2 to T-Mobile 4.4.2 no problem. Fastboot FTW!
20th February 2014, 03:20 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
120 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksasol

Yes. But don't flash motoboot.img or gpt.img, it won't let you downgrade those. This doesn't means that you won't brick with other version.

Are you sure this is correct? I was told in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post50330230 (see post #12):

Quote:

let me make this blunt before you even get your phone

your phone is a DE so you can root any version
is you come with 4.2.2 camera update or 4.4 you can upgrade and downgrade between thouse two versions only

if your phone comes with 4.4.2 you can not downgrade at all so just root it and enjoy because most people are trying to get there and bricking there phones half the time.

So the way I understand it one cannot downgrade from 4.4.2 to any other version because bootloader in 4.4.2 was changed and is not compatible with any previous release.
20th February 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 715
 
2,841 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyapeter

Eksasol,

What did you mean with don't flash with those files? Is that means unzip the image files and take out those files and zip again?
Which images is the best one for downgrade, from the sbf Blur_Version.161.44.25.ghost_row.Retail.en.US.zip or TMO_RETAIL_XT1053_4.4-13.11.1Q2.X-69-3_MR2_1FF.xml.zip

And also what you mean with "This doesn't means that you won't brick with other version"? Is that mean that not guarantee that downgrade won't have brick on the devices?

Please advice thanks

If you haven't already unlock the bootloader, then you should just send the phone back. Once you unlock the bootloader the warranty is voided and you'll be stuck with that phone. If you still intend on flashing:

You flash them using mfastboot while in flash mode, do not flash motoboot or gpt, also don't run "fastboot getvar". Manually perform these commands:
mfastboot flash logo logo.bin
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot flash system system.img
mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot erase modemst1
mfastboot erase modemst2
mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot erase cache
mfastboot erase customize
mfastboot erase clogo

After flashing T-Mo 4.4, you can receive OTA update to get back to 4.4.2.

As for downgrading to other versions, read this sticky before flashing anything: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2635366
Last edited by eksasol; 20th February 2014 at 03:33 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to eksasol For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksasol

If you haven't already unlock the bootloader, then you should just send the phone back. Once you unlock the bootloader the warranty is voided and you'll be stuck with that phone. If you still intend on flashing:

You flash them using mfastboot while in flash mode, do not flash motoboot or gpt, also don't run "fastboot getvar". Manually perform these commands:
mfastboot flash logo logo.bin
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot flash system system.img
mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot erase modemst1
mfastboot erase modemst2
mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot erase cache
mfastboot erase customize
mfastboot erase clogo

After flashing T-Mo 4.4, you can receive OTA update to get back to 4.4.2.

As for downgrading to other versions, read this sticky before flashing anything: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2635366

Thanks a lot, it works

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Moto X Q&A by ThreadRank