FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Moto X Toolkit for Mac for 4.4.3?

21st June 2014, 07:52 PM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Since the Moto X Toolkit for Mac has ceased development, does anyone know whether it still works for the recent 4.4.3 stock ROM?
 
 
22nd June 2014, 05:47 PM |#2  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,827
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by success2be

Since the Moto X Toolkit for Mac has ceased development, does anyone know whether it still works for the recent 4.4.3 stock ROM?

Sorry - don't know about the Mac toolkit.

Are you referring to the XT1053 (T-Mobile / GSM Unlocked) ROM? That is the only 4.4.3 ROM that we have posted on the SBF website so far...

If you want to flash that rom (you do have an XT1053, right?), you can just use the fastboot/mfastboot manual method. No toolkit required.

If necessary, we can provide you with the exact commands used to flash the entire rom. Let us know. All the relevant information is in the "Return to Stock" thread.

Good Luck
22nd June 2014, 05:59 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thanks, I asked the Dev. He's response is he doesn't know since he doesn't own an X anymore.

I just want a tool that can root and unroot on the Mac. But I'm not sure running mfastboot via virtual machine will work.

Looks like I'll have to install Win via bootcamp to root and unroot.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
22nd June 2014, 06:33 PM |#4  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,827
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by success2be

Thanks, I asked the Dev. He's response is he doesn't know since he doesn't own an X anymore.

I just want a tool that can root and unroot on the Mac. But I'm not sure running mfastboot via virtual machine will work.

Looks like I'll have to install Win via bootcamp to root and unroot.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

You don't need to use a virtual machine....the Android SDK (includes fastboot binary) is available for mac. A mac-version of mfastboot is also available. You can run all of the commands without using a VM.

Check this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...t2767255/page2

I helped that guy flash his phone 100% on MAC.
22nd June 2014, 07:40 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

You don't need to use a virtual machine....the Android SDK (includes fastboot binary) is available for mac. A mac-version of mfastboot is also available. You can run all of the commands without using a VM.

Check this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...t2767255/page2

I helped that guy flash his phone 100% on MAC.

Thanks. Another thread also mentioned that OS X compatible mfastboot. But the file wasn't referenced in the Complete Moto X Guides thread, so wasn't sure if it was legit.
23rd June 2014, 05:12 AM |#6  
HeroOfTime's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mountain Green
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
If you download that Mac toolkit, it includes all of the developer tools that are needed to unlock/root/etc. That includes adb, fastboot and mfastboot. It's nice because it's all in the same location and you don't have to download the entire SDK.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Moto X Q&A by ThreadRank