[Q] Moto X VZW dev edition newb

1st June 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
I was on verizon galaxy nexus for over two years. I wanted better radio performance, so i got a moto x. Nexus bootloader was unlocked and I was a bit of a crackflasher.

I have unlocked bootloader on moto x and installed twrp and supersu.

I did all this before taking firmware update, so I can see how it runs on 4.2.2. I ran it awhile and wanted to try kk out. I downloaded the ota update and went to have it autoflash, but instead, it rebooted into twrp.

so, I have downloaded rsdlite (i used to have a droid x, so i am familiar) and will get the 4.4.2 firmware downloaded too.

Q: can i flash aosp 4.4.2 roms with my x in it's 4.2.2 state or do i need the 4.4.2 update first?

Q: are there standalone radio (baseband) files around I can download and flash in recovery?

Thx!
1st June 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 79

480 posts
RSDLite when you have an unlocked bootloader?

Grab the 4.4.2 sbf, extract the individual imgs, then flash with fastboot.
1st June 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #3  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 3,712

8,913 posts
More
You will find the moto x is no nexus I'm afraid. Not a flashaholics phone for sure. There's just a few ROMs....not a lot of mods, and whatever you do, once on 4.4.2....never downgrade. It can cost you your phone. Dev edition or not.

Just a heads up!!

BTW....not knocking it....I still recommend it to everyone I know!!! Except the couple rooting and tinkering types....then I recommend the N5 hands down.
4th June 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
update : upgraded to kk firmware with rsdlite. bootloader still unlocked. I am on Eclipse now and enjoying it.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
5th June 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #5  
Flag Dedham, MA
Thanks Meter: 39

289 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kochoid

update : upgraded to kk firmware with rsdlite. bootloader still unlocked. I am on Eclipse now and enjoying it.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I moved from a galaxy nexus last fall to the X. I definitely flashed constantly... now with an unlocked bootloader (MotoMaker!) I don't have the need. Xposed is all you really need to get features you want, unless you just like to tinker.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Moto X Q&A by ThreadRank