Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,938 Members 49,534 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Moto X Wifi Won't Turn Off??

Tip us?

Lakilaulea
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Moto X Wifi Won't Turn Off??

Hi guys, I have a question and I tried to search the forums to see if anyone else had this problem, but I haven't been able to find a thread, so I apologize if this has been asked before but.... I have a Moto X on Verizon (not rooted or ROM'd) and my wifi is constantly turning itself on, even when I manually turn it off. I've tried going into advance settings to fix it there, but it still keeps turning itself back on. Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Groid
Old
Thanks Meter 96
What did you do in advanced wifi settings? Try turning off Google location services or all Location services. Does wifi still turn itself on? Check for any apps that may be calling for constant location access. Are you on your home wifi and does this happen elsewhere? Do you have mobile data on?

Lakilaulea
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groid View Post
What did you do in advanced wifi settings? Try turning off Google location services or all Location services. Does wifi still turn itself on? Check for any apps that may be calling for constant location access. Are you on your home wifi and does this happen elsewhere? Do you have mobile data on?
I unclicked scanning always available and keep wifi on during sleep. If I turn off all location services, won't that also turn off my GPS? The wifi is always turning on when I'm home, but it's also happened while I was driving or at school. I don't think I have any apps installed that'd be searching for wifi on its own, but I'm not sure how to check on that for sure.

Groid
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Turning off Google location services won't affect gps, navigation, etc. Turning off the main Location services does affect those things. I was just hoping it would give you insight as to what is causing the issue. If you turn Location off and wifi does turn off, it may have to do with location settings in some app. Another way would be to boot into safe mode (no other apps running) with location services on. If wifi turns off, some app may be responsible. Get Safe mode by long-pressing the Power off and choosing OK to boot into safe mode. My advanced settings in wifi are Keep wifi on during sleep - Always, wifi optimization checked, and wifi band - Auto. All other settings are off.

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,604

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakilaulea View Post
Hi guys, I have a question and I tried to search the forums to see if anyone else had this problem, but I haven't been able to find a thread, so I apologize if this has been asked before but.... I have a Moto X on Verizon (not rooted or ROM'd) and my wifi is constantly turning itself on, even when I manually turn it off. I've tried going into advance settings to fix it there, but it still keeps turning itself back on. Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions?
Have you tried factory reset? That is NOT normal...
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT

Lakilaulea
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
Have you tried factory reset? That is NOT normal...
I'm trying to save that as a last resort....