[Q] Moto X Wifi Won't Turn Off??

OP Lakilaulea

9th July 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

35 posts
Hi guys, I have a question and I tried to search the forums to see if anyone else had this problem, but I haven't been able to find a thread, so I apologize if this has been asked before but.... I have a Moto X on Verizon (not rooted or ROM'd) and my wifi is constantly turning itself on, even when I manually turn it off. I've tried going into advance settings to fix it there, but it still keeps turning itself back on. Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions?
9th July 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 96

539 posts
What did you do in advanced wifi settings? Try turning off Google location services or all Location services. Does wifi still turn itself on? Check for any apps that may be calling for constant location access. Are you on your home wifi and does this happen elsewhere? Do you have mobile data on?
10th July 2014, 02:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groid

What did you do in advanced wifi settings? Try turning off Google location services or all Location services. Does wifi still turn itself on? Check for any apps that may be calling for constant location access. Are you on your home wifi and does this happen elsewhere? Do you have mobile data on?

I unclicked scanning always available and keep wifi on during sleep. If I turn off all location services, won't that also turn off my GPS? The wifi is always turning on when I'm home, but it's also happened while I was driving or at school. I don't think I have any apps installed that'd be searching for wifi on its own, but I'm not sure how to check on that for sure.
10th July 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 96

539 posts
Turning off Google location services won't affect gps, navigation, etc. Turning off the main Location services does affect those things. I was just hoping it would give you insight as to what is causing the issue. If you turn Location off and wifi does turn off, it may have to do with location settings in some app. Another way would be to boot into safe mode (no other apps running) with location services on. If wifi turns off, some app may be responsible. Get Safe mode by long-pressing the Power off and choosing OK to boot into safe mode. My advanced settings in wifi are Keep wifi on during sleep - Always, wifi optimization checked, and wifi band - Auto. All other settings are off.
10th July 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1,723

1,987 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakilaulea

Hi guys, I have a question and I tried to search the forums to see if anyone else had this problem, but I haven't been able to find a thread, so I apologize if this has been asked before but.... I have a Moto X on Verizon (not rooted or ROM'd) and my wifi is constantly turning itself on, even when I manually turn it off. I've tried going into advance settings to fix it there, but it still keeps turning itself back on. Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Have you tried factory reset? That is NOT normal...
10th July 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

Have you tried factory reset? That is NOT normal...

I'm trying to save that as a last resort....
30th September 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I got the fix.
Battery saver enables this problem. Need to go to location. Click on mode.and switch to device only. Walahh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakilaulea

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-30-10-56-21.png
Views:	17
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	2955708   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-30-10-56-13.png
Views:	17
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	2955709  
30th September 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #8  
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgillmw

Battery saver enables this problem. Need to go to location. Click on mode.and switch to device only. Walahh.

i could be wrong but i remember seeing a option on my moto x asking if google can find wifi even if its turned off, maybe its not even turned off and is just finding you all the wifi signals? i could be wrong and sorry if we already talked about this for i skimmed the thread.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread