Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 37,948 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Moto X XT1052 Root And CM11

Tip us?

flasherruts
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Question [Q] Moto X XT1052 Root And CM11

Hello Devs and Wish you all a good day.I recently bought a moto x ( EUROPEAN , XT1052 ) which I wish to root and xpose ( or even flash cm11 ). AFAIK , the moto x can be only rooted after unlocking the bootloader and then flashing supersu via a suitable recovery. I know and have understood the process of rooting which follows :
Unlocking the bootloader via motorola site and Android SDK using the unlock key.
Flashing a custom recovery via fastboot ( TWRP or CWM ) and then flashing supersu.zip to root .
What bothers me is that the model which I am using has been recently introduced and I have little to no knowledge about the same . Therefore , I just wanted to make sure whether the process of rooting is correct ( which i posted ). Also , since all i can see in the threads is " Unified " will the official CM11 builds work for my device ? Can anyone please Point out or mention the correct CM11 official M6 build for my device ? It would be greatly appreciated if anyone replied or helped me . Thanks a lot for the time and Please Help .
Cheers !
WHY BE A KING ?! WHEN YOU CAN BE A GOD !

DaRkRhiNe
Old
Thanks Meter 103
The root process is same as you mentioned.
Unified means for all variants, so you can flash it without problems.
AND CM11 M6 has not been released as the speaker phone issue has still not been ironed out
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaRkRhiNe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
bootloader, cm11, customrom, motox, root