Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 50,127 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto X XT1058 (International Version from another country?)

Tip us?

KidJoe
Old
(Last edited by KidJoe; 22nd July 2014 at 01:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noed View Post
...I'd like to get root and keep the stock ROM, at least for now I won't mess with custom ROMs on it.

My questions:
- once I unlock bootloader and root, I won't get OTA anymore?
- seems 4.4.4 stock is not out for it yet, when it comes I will be able to flash even if I don't get it from OTA?

Sorry it's hard to feel like a noob again, when I did everything possible and flashed dozens of ROMs on my old Galaxy S2
Once you unlock the bootloader, and root, you'll still get OTA Updates when the phone's carrier pushes them.

As long as you are stock, and haven't modified too much, you can flash the OTA's. You can be rooted. (for more see -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/MotoX-OTA.html )

You can always use RSDLite or mFastboot to flash if the SBF (rom) for your phone/carrier gets leaked and put on http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0 (this site is neither owned, maintained, nor operated by Motorola). They don't have the OTA update files, just the full rom. Based on you earlier posting System version: 161.44.26.ghost_row.TIM.en.BR You have an XT1058 from TIM Brazil.

If you haven't received the OTA yet, but are stock (including stock recovery) and someone shares the OTA zip file for your phone and its carrier, you can manually install it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noed View Post
Thanks @tKoHaXoR, I unlocked the bootloader yesterday, after messing up a little it's working ok.
Not working great yet, I tried to "integrate updates into system" using Titanium and now "modality services" and "active display" are force closing after boot.

Now trying to find a stock based ROM, it would be nice to have one CWM flashable and deodexed...
Which one did you install?

So, as I understand, there's 2 main types of Moto X: CDMA and GSM
And this XT1058 runs GSM ROMS, so the one from XT1053 should work.
Kind of, but not exactly...

We usually don't recommend flashing the ROM from one model/carrier onto another (like flashing an ATT XT1058 with a T-MObile XT1053) because there are risks something could go wrong. That doesn't mean you can't, just means there is a chance you could mess your phone up either in flashing the other rom, or when you try and flash back to stock.

If you are looking for 3rd party or "after market" roms, like CM or such, then yes, usually they don't include modems and such, making them somewhat model independent. (SO you could flash the same CM ROM for GSM on an XT1052, XT1053, XT1058, etc.)
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tKoHaXoR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2773675

[ROM][4.4.3]Stock Flashable of the T-Mobile

That is the one you will want to flash

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to tKoHaXoR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Noed
Old
Thanks Meter 453
Thanks again for the help, I flashed this one and worked great:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...8/post54328873
Samsung Galaxy SII (i9100)
Motorola Moto X (XT1058)