[Q] Moto X XT1058 is it usable in europe?

Search This thread

Penetratore

Dec 7, 2010
Kraków
Hello

My friend spoted on ebay that the Moto X Xt1058 is in good price 280$ (at least for me this is good price - I would prefere a version from moto maker but its to expensive)

Will this version work properly in Poland with my GSM provieder?

The bands of my GSM provider are:
"PLAY" uses EGSM 900 for its 2G services and UMTS 2100 and UMTS 900 for 3G.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play_(telecommunications)
Play - LTE 1800 MHz

thanks for support

joejoejo

Jul 22, 2010
It will work but LTE is probably not going to work

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Hello

My friend spoted on ebay that the Moto X Xt1058 is in good price 280$ (at least for me this is good price - I would prefere a version from moto maker but its to expensive)

Play - LTE 1800 MHz

thanks for support

All XT1058 Variants support ALL the GSM & UMTS bands you have listed.

If possible, don't get the AT&T version because you cannot unlock the bootloader, and it comes SIM-locked. If you can get the Rogers Canada version or pretty much ANY other XT1058 you should be able to unlock the bootloader and AFAIK all the variants except AT&T come sim-unlocked...

Good Luck

Reactions: Penetratore

bmszabo

May 19, 2007
I use an xt1058 (att version) for more than a year in the Netherlands (and the rest of Europe); never had any issues with it, even 4g works as charm.

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
I use an xt1058 (att version) for more than a year in the Netherlands (and the rest of Europe); never had any issues with it, even 4g works as charm.

Thanks for the comment bmszabo. Are you the original owner? Likely someone (yourself even?) had it sim-unlocked....or are the AT&T variants already sim-unlocked for international use? I know for certain that the Sprint XT1056 variants are SIM-locked for both domestic AND international.

As for the bootloader, unless you used the China Middleman, it should still be locked down.

bmszabo

May 19, 2007
Thanks for the comment bmszabo. Are you the original owner? Likely someone (yourself even?) had it sim-unlocked....or are the AT&T variants already sim-unlocked for international use? I know for certain that the Sprint XT1056 variants are SIM-locked for both domestic AND international.

As for the bootloader, unless you used the China Middleman, it should still be locked down.

It was an eBay bargain; sim-unlocked ATT Moto X; don't know HOW it was unlocked, but it works just perfect with my Dutch provider (and any other European carriers). In US workes fine with ATT; only thing, but only if I am in the US is a nag message about 'unable to sign in to ATT', or something similar..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello

Play - LTE 1800 MHz

thanks for support

All XT1058 Variants support ALL the GSM & UMTS bands you have listed.

If possible, don't get the AT&T version because you cannot unlock the bootloader, and it comes SIM-locked. If you can get the Rogers Canada version or pretty much ANY other XT1058 you should be able to unlock the bootloader and AFAIK all the variants except AT&T come sim-unlocked...

Good Luck