Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,557 Members 46,428 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Moto X XT1060] Issues with WiFi and Bluetooth.

Tip us?

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetPhone View Post
Yes WiFi now works, It is just strange that WiFi worked on stock 4.4.2 without that file present in the persist folder. And I just used a Motorola factory image like a day or two ago with fastboot. Strange. Well Bluetooth also works. Thanks, however how do you get a "new" persist folder? Do you get it from the Motorola factory image, or is it impossible.
It is impossible. Something went wrong and the file got erased at some point. You SHOULD NOT have to do this again. /persist stays untouched between ROM flashes. Not even using RSD Lite to restore back to 100% stock touches the persist folder.

If you leave it alone, it should stay working forever, unless you somehow delete it. You cannot get it from the factory images...fortunately you were lucky enough to have someone willing to help you and "donate" the file from their phone :P
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Quote of the year:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt View Post
Well Google now doesn't work worth an iPhone. .I've spoken those last two lines ADB shell commands out loud for the past 15 minutes and I don't get root
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FleetPhone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
It is impossible. Something went wrong and the file got erased at some point. You SHOULD NOT have to do this again. /persist stays untouched between ROM flashes. Not even using RSD Lite to restore back to 100% stock touches the persist folder.

If you leave it alone, it should stay working forever, unless you somehow delete it. You cannot get it from the factory images...fortunately you were lucky enough to have someone willing to help you and "donate" the file from their phone :P
So Now I have 4 files, plus that lost+found folder that is always there. The other two files, not the .bt or the wlan_nv, permissions are lrwxrwxrwx and system linked to somewhere. Is that correct, the permissions? And from the log, It seemed that the phone tried to download a new WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin one from somewhere, but failed to do so. Thanks for your help, now these custom roms will actually operate as they should.

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetPhone View Post
So Now I have 4 files, plus that lost+found folder that is always there. The other two files, not the .bt or the wlan_nv, permissions are lrwxrwxrwx and system linked to somewhere. Is that correct, the permissions? And from the log, It seemed that the phone tried to download a new WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin one from somewhere, but failed to do so. Thanks for your help, now these custom roms will actually operate as they should.
Yes, those are the correct permissions. You are all set!

I AM very confused as to why the stock ROM worked for you without the missing file, but it is supposed to be present on every Moto X.

You should be able to change roms all you like and the WiFi should "Persist" (haha)

Just FYI, my /persist folder has this:

data (folder)
lost+found (folder)
omadm (folder) - I believe this is unique to Sprint devices
omadm_cust_database (folder) - also possibly unique to Sprint devices
omadm_database (folder) - another possible Sprint-only folder
prop (folder)
prov (folder
usf (folder)
and then the 4 files I listed earlier

I wonder if you formatted or erased /persist at some point?? Wonder why you don't have all the folders I have...

As long as everything is working, I guess it isn't a problem...strange though...maybe ALL those folders are unique to Sprint devices?
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Quote of the year:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt View Post
Well Google now doesn't work worth an iPhone. .I've spoken those last two lines ADB shell commands out loud for the past 15 minutes and I don't get root
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FleetPhone
Old
(Last edited by FleetPhone; 12th July 2014 at 06:27 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
Yes, those are the correct permissions. You are all set!

I AM very confused as to why the stock ROM worked for you without the missing file, but it is supposed to be present on every Moto X.

You should be able to change roms all you like and the WiFi should "Persist" (haha)

Just FYI, my /persist folder has this:

data (folder)
lost+found (folder)
omadm (folder) - I believe this is unique to Sprint devices
omadm_cust_database (folder) - also possibly unique to Sprint devices
omadm_database (folder) - another possible Sprint-only folder
prop (folder)
prov (folder
usf (folder)
and then the 4 files I listed earlier

I wonder if you formatted or erased /persist at some point?? Wonder why you don't have all the folders I have...

As long as everything is working, I guess it isn't a problem...strange though...maybe ALL those folders are unique to Sprint devices?
Mine Is a Verizon phone, so that could be why. Also the early versions of twrp may have wiped everything once as it was not offically supported at the time. Explains all those weird Motorola errors I would get when fastbooting ( I fixed those eventually). I hope I don't need any more files, I would need to hunt them down. And now have an official twrp recovery. But thanks anyway.

aviwdoowks
Old
Thanks Meter 411
Some older Philz & CWMR recoveries let you format persist!!
Moto X, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.